cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4block ip

N/A

4block ip

I have a home network system that I have setup and it works fine.
I have been issued 2 ip's to help me in my gaming world and I have a Netgear DG814.......
Can anyone post an easy to follow way to set my computers (I have 4 comps) and router up ? I am of medium techy knowledge :roll:
If its to complicated I will stick with the 1..........thanks
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

4block ip

The link:support pages on the portal give information on how to setup your computers, your router's manual should help you figure out the rest.

Use this guide for BT Installed ethernet ADSL for setting up your machines (the setup is the same on self install.

Chris
N/A

4block ip

As far as I know you cant do it. The netgear lets you have nat or no nat you cant do both.

If you have 4 pcs and 2 ips you can only do no nat which will only give you one pc working(the router would have one ip).

The only way I can see you can do it is to use the no nat option and then put a second card in one pc and let the others connect via that pc. Other than that you want a block of ips. You could try port forwarding.
Community Veteran

4block ip

You can set your gaming machine up in the DMZ, this should allow you to do what you want. Otherwise use 2 machines with NAT off on the router, then use one machine as a gateway running NAT for the other machines, this machine will need network cards.

Chris
N/A

4block ip

Thanks all for getting back so quick. All of your info has been a great help.....Thanks again