cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

N/A

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

Pllusnet,

What can you tell us about the implementation of the higher speeds? (4+)

When will they start?
Where will they start?
Is it going to be rolled out (individual exchanges) or will it be like the 2Mb?
Will customers be upgraded all together or will this be a slow process?

When do you expect everyone to be using MaxDSL to it's best?

Regards
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

MaxDSL at current speeds (Max 2Mbs) will be available from April. How quickly everyone will be changed is unknown as it will be down to BT resources I guess. Upgrading 95,000+ ADSL lines will take a while.

The 4 & 8 Mbs trial will run from April to September

The trial will be on 651 exchanges. Which ones is unknown and will probably be rolled out to others after Sept. Whether your line will be included in a trial or not is unknown.

When you can use your Max speed will depend on when your exchange is upgraded and that info is unknown.
N/A

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

Is it know what kind of pricing and upstream we are looking at for this. The reason I ask is next month ukonline will be offering me their LLU 8mbit service and I fully intended to goto them not for the extra speed on download but for the upload.
Community Veteran

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

There are conflicting reports that 8mb lines will have a 1Mb upload speed, others have said 768Kbs, 512Kbs or no change so take your pick. No idea if lower speeds will have higher upload speeds or not. It may be subject to your line conditions though and any restrictions BT put on it - i.e. to stop it competing with SDSL products.

I thought 8Mb LLU had a max upload of 400Kbs, I don't remember 1Mbs upload being mentioned anywhere for it.

One other thing, if 1Mbs uploads are available, the fair usage system may be changed to include it in your allowance.
N/A

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

the current LLU product im looking at offers 8mbit download and 400kbps upload. This for the same price as what im currently paying for 2mbit/256. But if you will be able to offer a product that will have a hight uploads spead than that then you will be keeping my custom.

As for the whole fair usage thing Im sure they will have to revise it after all 8mbit connections could do 120gig or what ever your magic number is in no time (about 34 hours I belive at full whack).

One other thing.. your current post seamed to imply that upload isnt currently counted towards peoples bandiwidth usage at the moment. Is it possable I could get this confirmed?
N/A

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

Upload is currently included in usage.

Once Fair usage is implimented, only downstream traffic will be counted.
N/A

Upload Speeds

Maximum upload speed by most modem hardware specifications is 640Kb/s. However a provider who already sell an 8Mb/s service, quote 400Kb/s typical upload speed.

UnholyChilli
N/A

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

It would be good to know what the BT upload speed will be.
N/A

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

I guess if it's not deliberately limited to 256Kb/s, then it will depend on line attenuation.
N/A

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

Just got an email saying my line will be upgraded for free in april from plus.net. But what speed will mine be upgraded to then Huh?
N/A

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

im guessing at least 2mb maybe to the full download rate your line can support (max of 8mbit) upload who knows. Its a hard choice for me now do I go with UKonline or stay with plusnet... the chance of faster upload than 400kb but this whole fair usage thing is pushing me away from plus net.. now instread of watching how much I download I have to keep an eye on what times I use it? I say to hell with that and if I stay with plusnet then I will use as if there wasnt such a thing.. if in 3 months they restrict me I will just move then I guess ^^
N/A

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

Yeah the exchange says i can get 2mb. But i am not sure how close i am to the exchange. How do i find this out any one know Huh
N/A

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

From here

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php

Once you have entered your phone number or post code select locality from the bottom option.
N/A

4Mb + 8Mb trial info?

this what it says

1.67km from the exchange (straight line distance).

I hope i can get 8mb from this ( prey people prey lol )