cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 God Sake

N/A

4 God Sake

Stop sticking up for bt. The company is a joke. I wouldn't knock plusnet for any money been on adsl with them 4 nearly 2 years now, but as far as bt is concerned id take cable anyday,even if that made me leave the great plusnet. Im 4ever asking bt if they are going to upgrade my exchange so im able to get a 2mbit line, you would probably get a more direct answer if you asked for next weeks lottery numbers.........and knowing bt theyd be wrong with them.

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Please do not use all Capitals titles - it is considered rude and is akin to shouting.]
15 REPLIES
N/A

4 God Sake

Are you sure the reason you can't get 2mb is because you live too far away from the exchange?
N/A

4 God Sake

What other reason would there be, I'd love to know.
csogilvie
Grafter

4 God Sake

There are a number of reasons for not being able to get 2MB ASDL. The main two are the noise levels of the line and the distance from the exchange. I believe its 3.5km as the cable goes and 40db but I'm sure someone else will be able to advise on that.
N/A

4 God Sake

There are a number of reasons for not being able to get 2MB ASDL. The main two are the noise levels of the line and the distance from the exchange. I believe its 3.5km as the cable goes and 40db but I'm sure someone else will be able to advise on that.

Mainly your line loss has to be under 41db @ 300khz for 1 & 2 Mb, the distance figure are given because they usually equate to loss, in this case around 4km, or ~6km or 60db for 512kbps, and usually easier to explain that your too far for that service to a customer than line loss at frequencies etc.
N/A

4 God Sake

Does adsl services offer 2mb home users
N/A

4 God Sake

Yes - i am on the Homeworker Pro 2Mb service

I can see the BT tower in sheffield from my window and the exchange is nextdoor in an old office tower.

My status was amber for ages - but Bt corected that and it's now G G E A - which is cool

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedchart.asp?id=4523c41cfaebf05a6a440fd69e
Community Veteran

4 God Sake

Only Homeworker Pro 2meg @ £65.99/month
N/A

4 God Sake

BT dont offer a 2Mb 50:1 ipstream product, only the office 20:1 version
N/A

4 God Sake

1.26GB in 1 hour 40 mins lastnight.

www.treosupport.com/whoooosh!.JPG
csogilvie
Grafter

4 God Sake

Image 404's Smiley
csogilvie
Grafter

4 God Sake

Working now...
mitchell20
Grafter

4 God Sake

Sure I read somewhere that BT will start to offer a IPSTREAM HOME 2000 product later this year. :roll:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

4 God Sake

Hi,

I've heard that too, but I don't have any information as to when it would be made available. I'd suggest 2nd half of the year at the earliest.
N/A

4 God Sake

Someone fetch me a drip tray im starting to drewl lol