cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3com Router Problem - Cannot connect to ADSL

N/A

3com Router Problem - Cannot connect to ADSL

I have just had my line ADSL enabled and have received a 3com router.

I can connect to the router and it is all set up correctly as per the instructions. Name, password, etc is okay.

The only problem is that it does not connect to the Internet - the Power and LAN lights are green. The error light is off. The ADSL light flashes amber (not always at a steady rate).

I have tried plugging the router into all 3 telephone sockets in my house with a 25 minute gap between each. I have also tried a different telephone cable.

I have been without ADSL for a week now...

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Paul
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 3com Router Problem - Cannot connect to ADSL

By the way I have also tried unplugging all of the phones in my house (I only have 2 anyway) but this still does not work.

Thanks.

Paul
N/A

I have also tried 2 filters - this did not make a difference.

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

Paul
N/A

I had a similar problem; all lights green but no internet connection.

with a filter used with the router, can you hear noise on the line with a telephone plugged in another socket without a filter?

If so then the problem could be due the faulty filters; they are not doing their job.

unplug the adsl connection and watch the adsl light change from green to off to amber(flashing) to green.

I noticed when listening from a telephone handset (without filter) that the line was clear upto the oint the adsl light changed to amber.

Hope that helps!
Eamon

> I have just had my line ADSL enabled and have received a 3com router.
>
> I can connect to the router and it is all set up correctly as per the instructions. Name, password, etc is okay.
>
> The only problem is that it does not connect to the Internet - the Power and LAN lights are green. The error light is off. The ADSL light flashes amber (not always at a steady rate).
>
> I have tried plugging the router into all 3 telephone sockets in my house with a 25 minute gap between each. I have also tried a different telephone cable.
>
> I have been without ADSL for a week now...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Paul

N/A

The 2 filters are new.

The telephone line sounds okay.

The ADSL light continues to flash whether it is plugged into the line or not.

This is verry annoying.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Paul
N/A

I have taken my router to a friends house and plugged it in - it worked 1st time! Looks like my line has not been ADSL enabled... :-(
N/A

Eamon - it seems that you may have been right (although I still can't connect)! I have just added this message to my 'ticket':

My friends house did not have 'wires only' ADSL so I was able to plug it straight in without an ADSL filter. A green light appeared on the router but I did not check the connectivity the Internet as I did not want to change their LAN settings.

I have just purchased 2 new ADSL filters from MAPLIN (at a cost of £20) and tried it at my house. The ADSL light on my router is now green (so obviously the 2 filters that you supplied me do not work) but the status in the 3Com software says something like:

ADSL Line = Up
Connection Status = Connecting

I have left it for 15 minutes and it did not connect.