cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

N/A

3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

The problem where the router doesn't re-connect after it loses synch.

I know the solution is to log into the router control panel and click modify on the connection page, and the router re-connects.

What I'd like to know is what is plusnet's stance regarding this problem (as they supplied the routers), and also, has anyone found a workaround.

Anyone else with the problem please post, it would be nice to know how many people this is bugging.

Thanks a lot.
16 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

Please, see the "Reconnection problem - please help" raised by Mr.John Sharp.

And I have been experiencing THE SAME PROBLME, and put my comment.

If you got any solution, please let me know.

Many thank you,

Koichi Matsumura

> The problem where the router doesn't re-connect after it loses synch.
>
> I know the solution is to log into the router control panel and click modify on the connection page, and the router re-connects.
>
> What I'd like to know is what is plusnet's stance regarding this problem (as they supplied the routers), and also, has anyone found a workaround.
>
> Anyone else with the problem please post, it would be nice to know how many people this is bugging.
>
> Thanks a lot.

N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

OK - I have a similar problem with same router (3com 612)....I have to mod settings to get connected......after many tickets to plusnet they have come to the conclusion that it is a BT problem...I personally contacted BT and they confirmed I have an error on my line (upstream errored seconds 37, normal is upto 5 - whatever that means ?)but they cannot do anything about it until plusnet get in contact with them via there wholesale dept. - I asked why if they know there's a fault they cant fix it, but they say plusnet must contact them - This seems like red tape to me - I am now getting very frustrated waiting for them to get there acts together and get this sorted out....I am a new customer (10 days) and I am yet to experience the magic!!!!

I will keep posting and let you know the conclusion (if there ever is one)....
N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

I keep getting told to turn off the router for 30 mins (un-plugging it from the socket too) and then re-try.

If I have to wait on the support queues again, I think im gonna go mad.

PLUSNET, get your act together, if theres a fault with either the hardware you supplied or the line, then get it sorted or loose customers....

> OK - I have a similar problem with same router (3com 612)....I have to mod settings to get connected......after many tickets to plusnet they have come to the conclusion that it is a BT problem...I personally contacted BT and they confirmed I have an error on my line (upstream errored seconds 37, normal is upto 5 - whatever that means ?)but they cannot do anything about it until plusnet get in contact with them via there wholesale dept. - I asked why if they know there's a fault they cant fix it, but they say plusnet must contact them - This seems like red tape to me - I am now getting very frustrated waiting for them to get there acts together and get this sorted out....I am a new customer (10 days) and I am yet to experience the magic!!!!
>
> I will keep posting and let you know the conclusion (if there ever is one)....

N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

> I keep getting told to turn off the router for 30 mins (un-plugging it from the socket too) and then re-try.

I think they say "wait 30 mins" so you don't keep the support staff too busy :kill:

Like Mark Strzala, I find that I just need to click the modify button on the router configuration page (without changing anything) to kick it back into action (when PlusNet is working).

I have written a scrappy Visual Basic script in an attempt to automate this process. See http://surf.whenyouwant.net/plusnet.html for more info.

N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

> The problem where the router doesn't re-connect after it loses synch.
>

I got this link from a google search. Don't know if this will help but its worth a try, as it seems to have sorted it for these guys.

http://www.pipexwoe.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=111

N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

I have just had a reply from plusnet and they are aware that there is a problem with the 3com 612 router and are trying for a fix - the thing that gets me is that this is obviously not a new problem because I have just read a post on another site dated 4th october 2002 which says 3com were aware of this - if this is the case, why are plusnet sending out equipment that is not compatible. I have been with plusnet a couple of weeks now and I am beginning to lose the will to live..............
>

N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

Hi John

The answer to your question is simple.

> aware of this - if this is the case, why are plusnet sending out equipment that is not compatible. I have been with plusnet a couple of weeks now and I am beginning to lose the will to live..............

They make money that way by abusing their users.

You should exercise your rights under the sale of goods act 1979 (amended).

Good luck!
Lyndon
N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

Lyndon

Asked plusnet about compensation for lack of service, but No chance........My problem is still unresolved and as each day passes I am getting more and more angry.........

N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

Hmmm

I've had a 3com 612 router (supplied by Plusnet) for 2 weeks and I am getting these problems.

The "modify" tip is useful, I'll try it tonight since I can't connect (all last night).

If the router was supplied as faulty goods 2 weeks ago, are they STILL sending them out today?
N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

> Hmmm
>
> I've had a 3com 612 router (supplied by Plusnet) for 2 weeks and I am getting these problems.
>
> The "modify" tip is useful, I'll try it tonight since I can't connect (all last night).
>
> If the router was supplied as faulty goods 2 weeks ago, are they STILL sending them out today?

Yup Mine arraived on Monday ... Same problem.

lovely.

N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

> Hmmm
>
> I've had a 3com 612 router (supplied by Plusnet) for 2 weeks and I am getting these problems.
>
> The "modify" tip is useful, I'll try it tonight since I can't connect (all last night).
>
> If the router was supplied as faulty goods 2 weeks ago, are they STILL sending them out today?

CONFIRMED!
The "modify" tip works, back on-line right away!
If plusnet know this, why don't they tell you?


N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

I don't wanna blow my own trumpet but I was the first person to get the new 3Com router - and had the problem immediately. I could get a DLINK router or a USB ADSL modem to connect no probs. After playing around with the VC entry it seemed to re-connect. PlusNet have given me all sorts of B*ll around it being a BT problem - and to make matters worse they shipped me two faulty splitters (YCL MF601UK) and these have also got known faults.

So here I am with
1. A 3Com ADSL router thats sh*gged
2. 2 Faulty splitters

PlusNet tell me that there is a patch from 3Com that should be with us in a week and they will send me the splitters automatically. Unfortunately to date I have had only two phone calls regarding this and I have the longest ticket in history!! Somehow I think the week will be months and if the microfilters turn up in the next decade I'll faint with shock.

PS> They refused to accept the modify settings fix I suggested for about a week!

N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

The YCL filters are not the best, I can hear ADSL noise when I lift the telephone receiver.

I replaced them with Fujitsu FDX-100, they're great, see www.dabs.com

The 612 router, now we know what the workaround is (click modify) then I can live with this until the fix is out. I suffered hours over this, I clicked modify once and it worked, but I didn't twig on to that it was the modify click that fixed it, but now I know...

If you had one of the first 612 routers, when did you get it?
N/A

RE: 3com 612 router problems. (We're all having em).

On the subject of this router.

Has anyoe been able to succesfully forward any ports (via the web interface).

When I tried it, it wouldn't reconnect to the ADSL network.

Is there a problem with this too or is it just another manifestation of the same thing.
(I can't remember if I went back to the internet settings page and clicked modify)