cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

35 Days and Counting

N/A

35 Days and Counting

Anyone else had long delays in getting their account activated for ADSL?

Originally I requested a 2mb Office connection, no modem. Eventually BT said I can't have this. Upon calling PN, I was told that if BT said no to a 2mb line, I'll be unlikely to get a 1mb line either. They suggested that I opt for a 512kb link.

Okay, No problem. I'll have that then please... It's not so simple. You need to reapply for a 512kb link and the request goes to BT again.

Why!!!!!! They've already tested the line once. You'd have thought it would make sense to test the line, see what speed they would allow and then report that figure back.

A further delay from PN as they responded to my continued "Contact thread" asking me to confirm which product I require. This after I'd been told to reapply for a 512kb line, and having responded on the Contact sheet.

We're now on the eve of the activation, 35 days after the original order.

I already have a 2mb line in one of my offices through PN and would like to take another in another office. This all depends on PN coming up with the goods here.

Has anyone else suffered in this way at the hands of BT?

Do we think that if we order a 2mb line and BT say "no", that they should tell us what speed we can have and also expedite the activation from there?
10 REPLIES
N/A

35 Days and Counting

0-7 days
Community Veteran

35 Days and Counting

ADSL orders generally take 5-7 working days.
If for some reason the order is cancelled and you reaply for ADSL then this does take another 5-7 days from the date the second order is made by the ISP. This is the same with all ISPs and can't be avoided, it's because ADSL activations are still a very manual process within BT and each application for ADSL is considered fully seperate.

Chris
N/A

Now let's touch base

Interesting response.
Would you please define "Working Days" for me?
I am not being critical, but, rather, constructive for it is my understanding that BT works 24/7 [but pays different rates for overtime and/or Bank Holidays] therefore I take your response to mean that in seven days from now my adsl could be installed?

Or do you accept that BT only "works" any 5 out of 7 days in which case why can't we all say within 1 to 9 days? (viz inclusive of Bank Holidays)

I'm still confused [-1] : scurfing the Forums tonight: which adsl package should my Clients and I register for - let alone HAVE to work out working days.
Community Veteran

35 Days and Counting

Working days are Monday to Friday inclusive.
N/A

Working Days - revisted

John, Mon - Fri are not the Only working days - albeit I'll acknowledge the "typical history" of where you are coming from.

However, [& I do not want to revert to history] fact is that now a "working week" is defined as a "maximum" of 6 days composed of <=8 hours - but may be in excess of that if custom & woking practice determine otherwise...

My point is that if an(y) organisation quotes a "delivery" time, then it should be in days. E.g. before Easter, ordered on on the prior Friday, = 11 days; no big deal, JUST be Honest.

My working week is 09:00 to 18:30 and weekends all day as required; a pub client of mine employs staff 11:00 to 23:00 seven days a week.

The European Working Time Directive sets out what employers have to comply with...

Apologies for this lengthy response, but the sooner that all businesses published lead-in times that accurately reflect, rather than disliberately mislead, then they better for my vote.

I see that, for instance a Public House, can open for 7 days a week, but the Contract of Employment for an Employee can reflect this and must only show that they do work 6 days (a maximum) a week.

So, why can't I have an answer that is based on EU factuality? +net support is open 24/7.

BUT not the same peoples. The business is open though...
I would ask BT, or any other organisation indeed, what is their custom & practice [=LEGAL] rather than what they "wish to impose"
N/A

35 Days and Counting

I signed up late one monday night & was activated & received my starter pack
by the following wednesday 7 working days.
Community Veteran

35 Days and Counting

John, Mon - Fri are not the Only working days - albeit I'll acknowledge the "typical history" of where you are coming from

It dosen't matter how you dress it up. The question you asked was what are working days.
I'm afraid the answer is still the same. For BT it is Monday to Friday any other days worked by them are classed as "Overtime"
A person may be lucky and have someone work on their ADSL provision on a Saturday but that is not the norm and when trying to work out when the connection will be complete you need to use the Monday to Friday Rule.
Believe me I spent All my working career as a Manager for BT. Cry
Community Veteran

35 Days and Counting

Oh, and also bear in mind that PlusNet's provisioning department work only Mondays to Fridays, if I remember correctly.

Thomas
N/A

35 Days and Counting

Day 36 now... Today is the day that PN had given as activation day. I even asked them yesterday to confirm that it was all going to happen today, which they did.

No surprise really that the ADSL tracker is still pointing with a small blue arrow.

Anyone got the home number for +nets MD?
Community Veteran

35 Days and Counting

Anyone got the home number for +nets MD?

No, and if anyone did give it out it would be romoved quickly and would most likely be 'bad news' for thier Internet connection.

At the end of the day as explained earlier you are not 36 days into your ADSL order, each order and failure is counted seperatly, this is not PlusNet's fault it is just the way BT work.

Chris