Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2mb

N/A

2mb

Ok i am due to go to a 2mb connection

However by the middle of this morning i`m connecting at 1.1mb

Is this normal or is this the max i can connect at.
9 REPLIES
N/A

2mb

did u go for home or pro (50:1 or 20:1)?

as its the bank holiday LOTS of ppl wil be online and thus ur speed will fall, especialy if you got the home version where 50 people will be sharing the same line (basicaly) so chin up :p its normal
Community Veteran

2mb

What do you mean 'connected at 1.1Mb'?

What is telling you that speed?

1.1Mb is not a IPStream product speed so we need more details that explains the figure you have stated.
N/A

2mb

Forgot about it being Bank Holiday...

Thanks
N/A

2mb

On the connected icon in the bottom corner when i go over it says Plusnet
speed 1.1mbps
N/A

2mb

Your modem should be sycned at 1152Kb for 1Mb DSL. After rouding the figures, it will show 1.1Mb.

However, what DSL speed did you originaly have? 1Mb or 512Kb?

If you have only been upgraded to 1Mb, then you should report this as a fault. However, make sure you requested 2Mb and not 1Mb first.

You will need to wait until PlusNet confirm that any regrade has been completed however. As BT may spot any mistake or made needed works before that time.
N/A

2mb

Ok thanks for that i defo picked the 2mb connection...

So i will give it until i recieve a email from plusnet to confirm that it`s been regraded once i get that email if the connection is the same 1.1m i will get intouch

I migrated from a 512 to a 512 and asked for the regrade once that was completed, also a few other m8`s came across with me and there regrade was around £14 mine is £24.99 why is that?
Community Veteran

2mb

It depends on what type of contract you migrated to: a monthly contract or an annual contract, both of which are currently free and what contract you regraded to: monthly or annual.

upgrades to the same contract (monthly ->monthly, Annual -> annual) or any contract to an annual contract is£14.99.

Upgrades from an annual contract to a monthly contract are £24.99

So it sounds like you migrated to an annual contract and requested a regrade to a monthly contract, and your mates either regraded to an annual contract or they migrated to a monthly contract and upgraded to the same contract.
N/A

2mb

Ok ...too late now..

Anyway thanks for the help.
N/A

2mb

Have you checked your own ticket history, to make sure you said 2Mb? And didn't just slip and hit the "1" key?

Once you know that, ti is a simple matter of waiting.