cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2mb to 8mb

N/A

2mb to 8mb

guys how can i find out if my exchange is being upgraded to 8mb or more.at moment i get 2.
ta very much
41 REPLIES
N/A

2mb to 8mb

Hi there,

Enter your phone number here for a guide as to when your exchange may be upgraded to 8MB.

Bear in mind that this information is subject to change and is not set in stone.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

2mb to 8mb

And if it say 31st March don't believe it as that appears to be the date for any exchanges where they haven't set a date
N/A

2mb to 8mb

thanks guys info was helpfull and yes it says 31/03/06
looking forward to faster speeds
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10
N/A

2mb to 8mb

I believe that we will see an announcement regarding the current product set in the very near future. That will give us an idea as to what will be happening, price wise, with the new speeds.

Hopefully we wont have too long to wait.
N/A

2mb to 8mb

From an earlier email from PN:-

You will get a free upgrade to faster speeds, if your line will support them. We will be updating all our broadband products to reflect the faster speeds, with some customers also seeing price reductions – find out more at http://www.plus.net/go.html/product_update/rlEPoLQTqEQk

If you’re already paying for an up to 4Mb or an up to 8Mb product and we find that you cannot get these speeds, you will get a refund of any extra money that you have paid, providing you have not taken advantage of the higher levels of usage available on these products. We’ll contact you in the coming weeks with more details about this if it applies to you.

So our speeds will go up for free but without changing product the limits will remain the same (actually decrease as they're planning to change the limits on premier when the peak hours reduce)....

It should be interesting, as Mark says, to see what the new product lineup is.
Community Veteran

2mb to 8mb

I've just tried a couple of numbers on that checker 1 in Sheffield and 2 on small exchanges, back home on the Wirral. All of them say that its due on the 31/3/06 which makes me a little sceptical. Anyone get a different figure? If so for what exchange?

Chris
Ritey
Grafter

2mb to 8mb

i imagine that 31st of march is the start of the programme of works. so a few months may go buy depending where ur exchange is on the list.
Community Veteran

2mb to 8mb

I get 05/01/06 but I aint prepared to pay £40 a month and £15 regrade no matter how desperate I am to get my grubby hands on more speed!
Alecto
Grafter

2mb to 8mb

It does say on the thing that 31st March is the default date, not a calculated one:

as in:

Upgrade Status
BT are planning on enabling this exchange for Max DSL products.
Currently, they have given an estimated date of 31/03/06 for this.
Please note: This is the default date from BT and may change

So nobody's actually worked out a date at all, they've just put in 31st March for them all , which will keep everybody quiet till April.
N/A

2mb to 8mb

Actually, the date of 31st March is the date when every single exchange with ADSL on it currently, will have provision for 8mbit, as per the major BT announcement 2 days ago.

Sean
N/A

2mb to 8mb

According to samknows.com my exchange, Manaccan, was to be enabled on 3 March 06 along with about 120 other exchanges. For a brief momentt on the third all those exchanges went into the ADSL Max enabled category , but then they were evicted. All the checkers say what they've said all along, up to 2mb etc., but the DSL max date has come and gone. I know it was all armoured with weasel words, but what was the point of setting the date as 03/03/06 if they didn't have some plan to do the work by then.

Does anybody know how to find out what is going on.
N/A

2mb to 8mb

I can only get 1Mb at the distance I am from my exchange. Will there be any change in my speed?
Community Veteran

2mb to 8mb

There should be, During the 1st 10days of your line being MaxDSL enabled your line is tested to determine the maximum stable speed that your line can cope with.