cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2mb ticket

apollo1
Grafter

2mb ticket

Hi, i would like to know what BOT is and is this a normal ticket for a regrade as the BT tracker says to cease my 512k line and put 2mb on it.

The ticket xxxxxxxxxxxx has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - Regrades Due

(internal note) The automated regrade system: British Telecom have confirmed that this regrade order has been checked and accepted.. This account change will be performed manually by our provisioning staff.
17 REPLIES
N/A

2mb ticket

Hi Apollo

What happens within BT Wholesale is that your 512 is ceased, but on the back of it is a 2mb order running as an upgrade.

Then your 512 ceases off on X and the 2mb takes over on the same day, an hour or so later.

And from then, you're on 2mb!

Craig
Community Veteran

2mb ticket

BOT = Broadband Operations Team.

They are responsable for checking your regrade/activation. The ticket comes off hold 7 days after the order was places so they can progress it with BT.
apollo1
Grafter

2mb ticket

The ticket says it will come off on 5th October, so is that a maxium when the regrade should take place or can it be done anytime up until the 5th?

Cheers

Graham
N/A

2mb ticket

No, it will mean that the regrade will happen on the 5th of october.

Craig
Community Veteran

2mb ticket

Correction: the regrade is planned to be completed on that day but it may be delayed by a day or so due to the volume of regrades being performed.
apollo1
Grafter

2mb ticket

thanks Craig, what sort of speeds are you getting downloading and do you use a standard MTU?

Cheers

Graham
N/A

2mb ticket

I dunno yet, still on 1mb just now!

Yeah, just using the default MTu, get good bandwidth, got a good BT line me thinks :lol:!

Craig
N/A

post regrade

hello all, heads up to all those opting for regrade that your modem may not sync after an regrade, if the modem/router settings were G.Lite, it needs to be reset to G.DMT for the higher speeds. Found this after a lot of trial and error !
N/A

Re: 2mb ticket

(internal note) The automated regrade system: British Telecom have confirmed that this regrade order has been checked and accepted.. This account change will be performed manually by our provisioning staff.

i have same ongoing process as apollo1..doz this mean that 2mbit is accepted ?? :?: :shock:
N/A

2mb ticket

i think so...

My ticket has

Your Contact Us Ticket has been placed on hold until Saturday 2nd October while BT perform the regrade on your line

Craig
N/A

2mb ticket

i think so...

My ticket has

Your Contact Us Ticket has been placed on hold until Saturday 2nd October while BT perform the regrade on your line

Craig

keep me posted craig !! Wink
N/A

2mb ticket

- ADC - Developers Your Contact Us Ticket has been placed on hold until Tuesday 5th October while BT perform the regrade on your line

:roll: :!:

so is the line test for noise etc complete at this stage ?,or line tested on the regrade day :?:
apollo1
Grafter

2mb ticket

mine says as well

Your Contact Us Ticket has been placed on hold until Tuesday 5th October while BT perform the regrade on your line Assigned

So come tuesday i'll hopefully downloading some hefty files Cool

Graham
N/A

2mb ticket

it basically means that the line test will be done by BT Wholesale. and if successful, it will be installed

I am DEFINATLY getting 2mb though! Cheesy My friend can only get 512!

Sucker!

Craig