Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2mb regrade question

apollo1
Grafter

2mb regrade question

Hi

Just looking at my tickets and the one of the tickets says

"(internal note) The automated regrade system: British Telecom have checked the details on this regrade order and rejected it. The order will now be reviewed and resubmitted manually by our provisioning staff.. This account change will be performed manually by our provisioning staff."

My house is 2 streets away from the exchange and my router says
DS Line Attenuation 20
US Line Attenuation 26

Seems strange why they would reject it, just hope Plusnet push them to get it done.

any comments welcome on why this might have happened

Also will a manual order take longer than the 5-7 days for a regrade?

Graham
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

2mb regrade question

BT have many reasons why they reject regrades, sometimes this is due to bad/incorrect info related to your BT phone line or for some reason they could not perform a line test or BT just plainly messed up the order.

Does your router tell you the SNR values. If this is too low it can be rejected because of it.

Yes you will have to wait a further 7 days once the order has been submitted by plusnet. Also due to the volume of regrades being performed it may be a day or so before plusnet can actually do the manual order work.
apollo1
Grafter

2mb regrade question

Hi

Just looked though all my router settings but cant find any SNR values :?

Hopefully its just BT thats messed up. i was looking forward to 2mb by the end of the weekend as well!

Just play the waiting game now

Graham
apollo1
Grafter

2mb regrade question

Well according to the Order tracker on the BT website it says now says the 2mbps regrade is going ahead, dont you just love it when your right and they are wrong, bless em!

Order Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date Order Placed: 28/09/2004
Requirement: Add, remove or update a product or service
Completion date:

Action Quantity Description
PROVIDE 1 (ADSL) BT IPSTREAM OFFICE 2000
CEASE 1 (ADSL) BT IPSTREAM HOME 500
PROVIDE 1 REGRADE ADSL, LINE = GREEN

If you have any further enquiries about your order you can email us by clicking on the appropriate link below:
Residential Customers
Business Customers