cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2mb homeworker pro -> 2mb Home Premier questions.

N/A

I have a 2mb Homeworker pro account and would like to change to the 2mb Home Premier varient but I need to know a few details before I commit to changing package..

My Details:..
2Mb homeworker pro Account
Static IP
Domain Name option at £1 p/m ( Currently at month 8 )
Monthly Contract

So my questions are as follows..
1. How much is the ACTUAL fee to swap accounts to Monthly Contract Version with VAT included?
2. Will there be any penalties concerning my domain name? (as i've not had it for 12 months yet)
3. What cant I do on the 2mb home that I can do on 2mb Homeworker? (I dont work from home, I just wanted the extra bandwidth)
4. How will I pay for the Transfer? (Plusnet have my Credit Card details but I'm paying by Direct Debit at this time)
5. When IPStream 2000 Home (50:1) does becomes available, who's paying for the package to be regraded if I have been using the said package for a few months?

In saying all this, I (and Probably a GOOD few others) will be migrating (to use a better term) to the 2mb Home Premier package but need these points cleared up first..

Cheers Smiley
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

1) according to this table it will cost £70.50, however as you have not completed your 12 month contract, there may be a penalty to pay in cancelling before the 12 months are up (i.e. you have not paid for any activation or hardware which was to be paid over 12 months). Either support will be able to answer that here or raise a contact us and get the full costs.

2) I think you still pay the additional £1/month for your domain. This will not change and needs to be added to whatever the monthly costs are for your new product.

3) No difference as far as I can see (at he moment anyway) because the new products are based on ADSL office 2000 just like Homeworker pro 2Mb

4) Normally a single payment via your credit card, you can't pay one-off payments by DD

5) No idea - it's up to PlusNet how they deal with this and as it may be some way off they may not have everything decided.

If I'm wrog with any of the above Im sure PM will put me (and you) straight.

Finally, I think there is a revamp of the homeworker range comming soon so you may want to hold off a short time to find out what they intend to do.
N/A

it will cost £70.50, however as you have not completed your 12 month contract, there may be a penalty to pay in cancelling before the 12 months are up .

I'm on a monthly contract not a 12 month one :? also, it's not a cease and reprovide imho so a Whopping £70.50 shouldnt be the case either afaik :? but As I see it, I shouldn't be penalised for the domain name scenario as I'm not ceasing to be a plusnet customer, just switching from one 2mb 20:1 service to a different 2mb 20:1 service Smiley

Hopefully light may be shedded soon? :lol:
Community Veteran

I would agree the charge is excessive, especially when you consider you are already on a 2Mb office 2000 connection and the new product is also on an ADSL office 2000 connection.

What is also surprising is the Homeworker pro 1Mb is also the same price for a 2Mb product yet they are doubling their speed whereas you are not.

And more so if you compare the cost of conversion for a ADSL homeworker Pro 1Mb -> same speed premier monthly being £26.74. I would expect your conversion to be £26.74 not £70.50.

Some clarification from PN required here.
N/A

Some clarification from PN required here.

Agreed Smiley
N/A

Hi Triaxor,

Sorry for not picking this up, it's been a busy day so we are still catching up

1. how much is the ACTUAL fee to swap accounts to Monthly Contract Version with VAT included.
From Home Worker 2M to Broadband Home Premier 2M - £70.50
2. Will there be any penalty's concerning my domain name (as i've not had it for 12 months yet)
No
3. What cant I do on the 2mb home that I can do on 2mb Homeworker (I dont work from home, I just wanted the extra bandwidth)
Nothing. The Homeworker was simply aimed at people wanting to work from home, but previously there was obviously no Home 2M package.
4. How will I pay for the Transfer? (you have my Credit Card details but I'm paying by Direct Debit)
It will have to be by credit card, we can only take recurring payments from DD.

£70.50 is a total ripoff :x