cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2MB Service

N/A

2MB Service

Has anyone been able to get the 2MB service? I don't live far from the exchange but the last time they checked I had too much noise on my line, is it possible things will improve now BT have put their limit up?
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

2MB Service

No, as the limits for 2Mb have not changed. Only the 1Mb (now 60dB) and 512K (no limit) will change on Monday.
N/A

2MB Service

Hi Steve

Although you may live near to the exchange, this doesnt mean that your line goes straight to it and this may be what is causing the noise on your line.
I have a friend who lives less than 100 meters from an enabled exchange but he still cannot get adsl fitted as he is the last house on the line which means he is effectivly about 15 miles from the exchange in line length.

Cheers Chris - G0TOO
Dizzley
Grafter

2MB Service

he is the last house on the line which means he is effectivly about 15 miles from the exchange in line length.

Interesting. What do you mean "last house on the line"?

Cheers,
Pete
N/A

2MB Service

Meaning that although he lives near to the exchange in a straight line, the way cables are placed into the ground, it would mean he is effectivly the person furthest away from the exchange.
N/A

2MB Service

So in reality 2MB is out of reach of just about everyone
N/A

2MB Service

No.

2Mb has the same reach it has always had, along with the old reach of 1Mb.

A lot of the problem is the technology used. Not the equipment exchange of end user side, but the copper pair.

Many will refer to getting better speeds to a peice of wet string
N/A

2MB Service

I have the 2 meg service and had no probs. I did have noise problems on my line when I used to use dial up modem, but after complaining to Bt for months they sorted it out