cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

28 days... NO ADSL... and counting...

N/A

28 days... NO ADSL... and counting...

This is true I have been waiting since the 05-06-02 for ADSL from plusnet and still have no connection and I am very disappointed in deed. The only correspondence I have had up to this point was that there was a fault on BT's side and that plusnet can only apologise for this. It seems that BT is deliberately delaying the Activation process. Now if you are an ex-btopenwoe client, and anyone have had this same problem please let me know, this could be a good case to put forward to oftell and have them sorted out once and for all. I mean it has been 28 days without ADSL due to a fault on BT's side, and I am sure they are sitting in the back room some where laughing their arses off at our expense…
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 28 days... NO ADSL... and counting...

When i had no dsl install for 18 days i rang BT direct (150) only to find out that the work was never done in the first place. The engineer kindly did the work for me there and then! Ring BT 150 have a moan and they will do something about it. Make sure you ask if you can book an engineer to sort out the line. If you tell them its a fault they usualy get on it right away.

N/A

60 days... NO ADSL... and counting...

Don't feel bad I have been trying to get my ADSL working since the 2nd May and all I get from the Plus.net support staff is that it is down to a fault with BT..
N/A

RE: 60 days... NO ADSL... and counting...

Dear rabie

As you are aware form contact us. Your ADSL order is going through fine now. Just a few more days and you will be online.

Kind Regards

Kevin
--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: 60 days... NO ADSL... and counting...

Dear aireland

Just spoke to BT again, they are still running checks. As soon as we hear anything we will let yuou know.

Kind Regards

Kevin

--
--
N/A

RE: 30 days... NO ADSL... and counting...

This is what I dont understand, If I have been using BT ADSL for the last 12 Months why does BT need to run such extensive tests. I was in contact with BT today and they informed me that plus.net should be trying to find out why this has not been activated yet, as all it requires is just flicking on a switch again to turn the service on, not really rocket science is it?

Disgruntled
William Rabie

> Dear aireland
>
> Just spoke to BT again, they are still running checks. As soon as we hear anything we will let yuou know.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Kevin
>
>
>
>
> --
> --
> | Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
>

N/A

RE: 30 days... NO ADSL... and counting...

This is the beast known as BT.]

You turn ADSL off and on and they do a full, new, complete install again. As if it was a fresh line.

Sadly, we all have no option but to wait for BT to complete the new refit.

Kind Regards

Kevin

--
--
N/A

RE: 28 days... NO ADSL... and counting...

You can add me to the list. It is someone else's (BT's) fault that I am not connected. A cynic may say that a company will get customers easier if they promise to take your money only on connection and then to define the failure to connect as some other party's fault. When I buy water I don't care where it comes from and how it gets to my tap as long as it is water that is drinkable. The same applies to this. If Plusnet want to protect their reputation then they should only charge a customer once the customer connects to their system and confirms via that system that they are connected. I am sure the technology can monitor whether someone is connecting. Kevin, please don't tell me that this is BT's problem as I dod not enter the deal with BT or pay BT to do anything. It's your problem

> This is true I have been waiting since the 05-06-02 for ADSL from plusnet and still have no connection and I am very disappointed in deed. The only correspondence I have had up to this point was that there was a fault on BT's side and that plusnet can only apologise for this. It seems that BT is deliberately delaying the Activation process. Now if you are an ex-btopenwoe client, and anyone have had this same problem please let me know, this could be a good case to put forward to oftell and have them sorted out once and for all. I mean it has been 28 days without ADSL due to a fault on BT's side, and I am sure they are sitting in the back room some where laughing their arses off at our expense…

--
N/A

RE: ??? days... NO ADSL... and counting...

Is there anyway to monitor progress after the 7 to 10 day period, I'd like to know whether my adsl activation is imminent or will I be another 30 - 60 day + problem ??

Phoned BT (150), they were useless - didn't know where to transfer me to for an enquiry. They did mention that all ISP's now have access to peoples exchanges - is this true ?

ps : How do I change my nickname Huh

Thanks
--
Horiz