cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

23/12/03 & Still No Internet

N/A

Lo all, joined Plusnet in June 2003 and up untill 23/11/03 everything was fine. Since then I have either had no access or its keeps disconnecting. My SNR has dropped from 35/36 to 14.5/16

Since Laurel & Hardy sorry the BT engineers called 19/01/04 2.30pm and checked my line, which it tested OK! They informed me that they had indeed had a big problem with the Lark Lane exchange and where still trying to sort it outHuh

Anyway they phoned the exchange and made a change and retested the line and informed me everything seemed fine and left. 3.45pm SNR:0.0 NO connection at all!

Phoned BT informed me that I can not deal directly with them although they take £60 of the £66.99 I pay you lot for this service?

I have been issued different tickets from Plusnet although it’s the same problem from 23/12/03. Current Ticket [number 10203142 ].

Now I can't talk to BT I have to deal with you lot and all I get is it has been escalated or comment added, but still I see nothing done? You never once rang me to inform me of any changes even though you knew I had no internet access?

I have had to purchase a 56K modem just so as I can get my e-mail. To add insult to injury on top of the £66.99 a month I pay Plusnet I am now having to pay by the minute while using the 56K dial-up account. Now seeing as I can't deal with BT direct..... will you lot pull your finger out and sort this mess ASAP?

Received this from Plusnet CS 2004-01-26 15:04:08
BT advise they have been attempting to test your line further however your modem/router was powered off at the time and they were unable to contact you by phone. Please advise when the modem/router is powered up and connected and leave it as such for the duration of the fault. If you could also clarify if you are experiencing the same symptoms as originally reported we can expedite the fault progress with BT

My router is always on and it could have only been on Sunday 25/01/04. The day I installed my 56K modem which I purchased at my cost to access my e-mail. I find it unbelievable that they wait all week then try to test my line and I bet if I was to inquire what time they tried to test the line they would inform me it was the exact time that I was using the dial-up? Now only yourselves and BT would know these times!

I just want this cleared up ASAP I can’t contact BT direct and feel PlusNet are not pushing as hard as they can to resolve this matter.
Until this problem I had found PlusNet as good as my previous ISP Blueyonder, but it’s only when you do have a problem that you find out how good they really are………. Don’t you!

User: cravo
Plus.Net HomeWorker Pro 2Mb
Ticket [number 10203142 ]
Router Model: Vigor2600 annex A
Firmware Version: v2.5_UK
BT Line tested OK
9 REPLIES
N/A

That doesn't sound like much fun. Although, as you've said, it's a fault with the BT side of things and not PlusNet, PlusNet are the only ones who can talk to BT on your behalf so something definitley needs to be done. A mod might move this to the Customer Feedback forum for the attention of the Comms. team if you're lucky Smiley
N/A

When I had a problem I was able to deal with both +net and BT to get it resolved.

Perhaps I was just lucky, but have a good go at BT faults and see what happens, won't do any harm.

Ed.
N/A

It has been confirmed to you by a BT engineer that your local exchange has a problem (most probably knee deep in water).
That is most likely where the problem lies and the cogs of BT work very slowly.
PlusNet can only respond to the feedback from BT, and if there isn't any, PlusNet can't give you any.

"send two and six, we're going to a dance.... er sorry, advance"

Out of interest, whats happened to the loop attenuation on the line and waht service are you on for £66 a month?Huh
N/A

Out of interest, whats happened to the loop attenuation on the line and waht service are you on for £66 a month?Huh
Plus.Net HomeWorker Pro 2Mb :roll:
PlusNet can only respond to the feedback from BT
What about the customerHuh

BT engineers called 19/01/04 2.30pm and checked my line, which it tested OK!
Sure it wasnt an engineer blagging? Oh BTW I'm on Lark Lane exchange, np with my line yet.... I must be in the shallow end heheh

Hope you get it all sorted out soon Wink
painswck
Grafter

Ian answered this over on ADSLGuide. Strange the OP never replied there or here. If you want to read Ian's reply you will finf it here
N/A

The answer is somewhat worrying.
Does it mean that if your line goes faulty for ADSL but is still up to scratch for analog phone, BT will do nothing to restore it to it previous (ADSL OK) state Huh
N/A

I believe you're correct. They're not obliged to provide a working ADSL line, only a working voice line.
N/A

Lo all, eurotrain4 is right BT are not obliged to provide a working ADSL line, only a working voice line. Stinks don't it what a kop out it is.

I have posted my problem on the adslguide forums in "ISP unhappiness"
I posted this there tonight:

Thanks Andrew for your response to my problem with PlusNet & BT. Sorry for the delay in responding to you, but guess what….. Yes that’s right I was unable to get online yesterday with my 56K dial up account. I was disconnected within seconds of logging on with PlusNet strange?

Anyway I received a call from PlusNet customer support yesterday at about 12.45pm asking to speak to me, my wife told them that I was at work and would be back home about 5.30pm said they would call back then which they never did. I had to ring them again.

Then BT rang at 1.20pm and ask my wife to try this and that with the filters/phones and so on, but to know avail. They then booked in an engineer to call today between 1.00 & 3.30pm which they didn’t show up? Rang BT and was told an engineer would call tomorrow between 1.00pm & 3.30pm they couldn’t tell me why the engineer didn’t call today?

I took my router around to a friend who lives close by. He uses the same router, exchange and ISP as me and had no problem using it. I then reversed this and took his router around to mine, but with no luck. I live about 1.1 kilometres from the exchange so I don’t think this would be a problem?

I am on Plus.Net HomeWorker Pro 2Mb £66.99. When the BT engineers called on the 19/01/04 they informed my wife that they had made a change with my line at the exchange and this was before they had been to my home. They arrived and began testing the line with a laptop and there own modem and my router told my wife every thing was fine and left……. 3.45pm no connection SNR: 0.0?

In response to Ian I don’t mind them downgrading me to a 1meg line so long as it works? I just don’t understand how I had a 2meg line for nearly 7 months which worked perfect then to suddenly to be told I’m unable to have ADSL at all?
It looks to my like I could be going back to ISDN Sad
N/A

Lo all, BT engineer called Friday and at last i have a working connection Cheesy Thank's Tony (BT engineer) who really did know his stuff . By the way he told me he uses BlueYonder even though he can have ADSL :shock: ? Anyway he found a wiring problem in my master socket or at least thats what I think he said.

He sorted that then he hooked up his lap straight away no probs with the line. Although he told me I was just on the border line of being able to have a 2Meg line and this might have also contributed to my problem? If this is so should I not have been switched to a 1Meg line there and then?

I would also like to say a big thank you to Ian Wild for getting this sorted at last cheer's m8 Cheesy