cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 or 8MB no, I'm lucky to get 50kps!

N/A

:? For the last few weeks I have been lucky to get 50kbs or more on my 2MB line. We used to get 200kbs or more and the line is enabled for 8MB.

Plusnet do not seem to understand that I cannot even run the BT speedcheck service because it always stops at "Test Error - system busy. Try again later but if the problem persists contact your service provide". Well the that is what I have done for the last two weeks without any sensible assistance from Plusnet.

Just venting a bit of steam, but if this does not get resolved soon I'm changing ISP.

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Removed BB tags from title as these wont work there]
10 REPLIES
N/A

Hi

What has been the resonse from customer support?
winnipeg1823
Grafter

I have had a similar problem, a drop in speed of over half since the very day my exchange switched to LLU. All CS can do is come out with the old "many things can cause slow speeds". What I cannot get them to understand is that nothing has changed at my end the speed only slowed when they altered something, but they wont admit that as it would enable me to walk away from the contract.
FireStorm
Grafter

I have 8mb, I have also noticed that it is slower than the 2mb product that i was on. PN assure me that some bit of BT equiptment called RAMBO needs 3 days to adjust, this doesnt really explain why I am only downloading at 50kps but I have given up talking to PN for now.

Long gone are the days when they went abouve and beyond to help. I think they have the PN standard issue "101 ways to fob them off" book close to hand. Its been 3 days, I will give it 2 more, if my speed is still slow i will get back in touch with PN for "Blame it on BT" round 2. (not disputing the fact it is BT - but still a solution is much better than an excuse)
N/A

Customer suport have not really done anything to date apart from ask the simple questons like "have you run anti-virus and anti-spyware checks (yes to both - nothing) do you have any other internet applications running (no), run the BT speedtest (I CAN'T)

I have run speed tests outside of the BT one (ADSLguide) and only got 14.9kb/sec! My average download speeds for files are <20kb/sec.
FireStorm
Grafter

OK im sorted.. downloading now at a cool 600kps
N/A

would help if you told us what your problem was and how you solved it at all. Cheers
FireStorm
Grafter

yeah... try reading up
N/A

Well that helped :? Tee hee!!
N/A

You should think yourselves very lucky you have got a connection at all!

I have had nowt for 11 days now!!!

I have spoke to them, raised tickets and just get banded from piller to post!!

I can see a move to Nildram or Zen coming along soon!!
FireStorm
Grafter

you could do alot worse than nildram, they have to be the most professional company i have ever had the pleasure of doing business with.

At work we have 100mb fiber into telehouse (we are a telco so get it cheap) but we have 2 x 2mb adsl and 1 x 2mb SDSL with Nildram just incase the fiber ever goes down we route out actual internet browsing out though these, and in 2 1/2 never once had a problem.

The only reason i went with plusnet for my home internet was the price point (which i guess was silly because my company pay for it). For those of us that have been with plusnet some time I can say PN used to be a very good company also, i have absolutly no idea what changed, but it has.