cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months gone, still no service

N/A

I have been going round and round and round in circles between BT and Plusnet. In the 2 months since I joined Plusnet I have had connectivity for about 7 (random) days and a modem unable to sync the rest of the time and seemingly permanently unable to sync now. I cant seem to get BT to acknowledge that there is a problem with the line, but Plusnet tell me that's because I deal with BT Retail and not BT Wholesale. BT have sent a couple of engineers round (again Plusnet tell me Retail engineers, so no good) who claim to have fixed the line fault, although based on what testing I am unsure as it made no difference to my connectivity issue. I am not sure why a wholesale engineer has never been sent, since I have been telling Plusnet for 2 months that I have a line problem (proved by tests performed by an IT manager friend of mine using his equipment). Plusnet told me a week ago that someone from BT would be in touch in 48 to 72 hours time, but nothing has happened and yet again I am the one doing all the chasing and trying to find out from Plusnet what has happened.

Enough is enough and today I have cancelled my direct debit and will not pay a penny more until Plusnet forces BT to fix the problem. I am Plusnet's customer and I should not have to continuously push Plusnet to resolve the issue with BT Wholesale.
23 REPLIES
N/A

4 weeks with no service

I can sympathise as I am now 4 weeks without service. BT did contact me yesterday but left a message on my answerphone to leave a daytime contact with PN. I have done this but PN have not confirmed if they have done this. Plusnet have continually fobbed me off until now and if I have no joy by the end of the week I will also be cancelling my direct debit and moving to a provider who provide a service for customers.
N/A

Enough is enough and today I have cancelled my direct debit and will not pay a penny more until Plusnet forces BT to fix the problem.

Whilst i fully understand the frustration you are experiencing here, cancelling your DD is not the way to get this sorted and indeed will only make things more complicated.

If you have been without service or a workable service since activation, PlusNet retain the ability to make amends on that front.

I am Plusnet's customer and I should not have to continuously push Plusnet to resolve the issue with BT Wholesale.

I fully agree with you here. It is an all too often complaint in these circumstances. My view is that PlusNet should be keeping you in the loop without you having to chase them. however thats a story for another day.

I would strongly recommend that you reinstate your Direct Debit and in the meantime, I will escalte this issue to the Comms Team to see if they can shed any light or assist in getting things moving.

There would appear to be an issue here perhaps of combined line faults and ADSL faults, which always comp;icate things.
N/A

Escalating the issue to the comms team

Good luck to you. My issue , to date, has been escalated by the comms team on 4 occasions, and is still unresolved!!!!!!!
N/A

I am sure cancelling my direct debit will make things more complicated, but I am not remotely phased by that and have plenty of evidence to support my non-payment if push comes to shove. I have basic rule in life - if I am provided with goods or services that meet my satisfaction then I will gladly pay, if not then I wont pay. I'm funny like that - I dont like giving away my hard earned money.

I am totally fed up with the BT/Plusnet/BT merry-go-round, being constantly in the middle and constantly required to chase, harass and push Plusnet into action. It is obvious that I have had a line fault since day 1 and Plusnet need to force BT to fix it, otherwise they are taking money off me under false pretences, having told me on day 1 that all was well with my line and starting to charge me for a service, which I cannot use as all is patently not well.

I have threatened to cancel payment on a number occasions and on chatting thorough the whole debacle with my solicitor at the weekend he told me to stop paying immediately, so I have. I will glady resume normal payment ONCE MY BROADBAND IS WORKING. Its really not that difficult - Plusnet make BT fix my line immediately, how hard can that be? Having said that, today has slipped by, so another day, yet another wasted opportunity.
keithcalder
Grafter

If I could just but in here, pcsni doesnt have to nor is obliged in any way to help. He does so off his own back and has been helpful to many members me included. It would be nice to see members treat him as a helping hand. Plusnet have not been the best lately and have been a bit slow to respond to many customers but again pcsni is trying to help.

Well done Mark, at least I thank you for the help you have given me
Cheers

Keith
N/A

I don't make a habit of using or viewing these forums and my post, like many others, is merely an outpouring of frustration. I have no idea who this chap is or what his role is and my vent is not aimed at him personally. I am merely airing my views about Plusnet and I have separately told Plusnet all of this on countless occasions. If what you say is true then of course I am grateful for someone helping when they don't need to. However, I have a somewhat more cynical view of these forums and I personally doubt that anyone from Plusnet would be on here trying to manage people's bad experiences out of human kindness. If I am wrong then it will be a pleasure to be so.
keithcalder
Grafter

Hi Dave,

Like I said, pcsni is not a Plusnet employee and is a nice person, if he can help you he will. Smiley I know this as I had a few problems myself and too was frustrated and with help from pcsni it was resolved to my satisfaction. I'm sure you will be too. Smiley

Keith
N/A

Hi there,

I do fully understand and appreciate your frustration, but I should point out, that the forums are here for community support and feedback and as such it is the community which will respond primarily.

I dont work for PlusNet, nor do I represent them in any way.

As a forum moderator and UserGroup member, I am in a position to assist, where and when I can, and also have the facility to escalate or flag issues directly to the PlusNet Comms Team for whatever assistance they can provide or deem necessary.

Our role is entirely voluntary and any assistance or advice is offered purely on that basis.

I hope that your issue can be expedited and resolved as quickly as possible.

My apologies if I caused any confusion.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your broadband connection. I don't know exactly what is causing the problem, but I can say that we are doing what we can to get it resolved.

Looking at the fault, BT have been unable to identify anything that might be causing the problem (there initial tests show that the line was OK), we have sent it back to them to investigate further and are currently waiting on their response.
N/A

Mark, I am glad that you have proved me wrong! Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Latest status is:

My broadband worked for about 6 or 7 days out of the last approx 80 days since I opened my account. Plusnet argue that since BT regard this as "working", it cannot get any money back from BT and therefore cannot give me any kind of refund. They argue that a lack of Service Level Agreement between them and BT means that they cannot give me a refund. This smells of a company seeking to wriggle out of its statutory responsibilities to its customers to me and I very much doubt it would stand up in court. My contract is with Plusnet, they told me in writing that their tests showed I would be able to receive their service and started taking money from me, I have been unable to receive their service, meaning they gave me incorrect information, so I want a refund. If I buy a shirt from M&S and subsequently find a flaw in the material and take it back, do they argue that I cannot have a refund because they cannot get a refund from their cotton supplier? No they do not. My view is that if Plusnet have no SLA with BT then that's their business and nothing to with me - I am their customer and they should refund me if they are not providing the service for which I pay them. Besides all of the above, just how rubbish is it of a company to refuse a refund in these circumstances! They deserve all the bad publicity coming their way in the near future, as a result of treating someone in my job (I wont divulge the details) so badly.

In respect of the technical problem, BT have told Plusnet that the line tests OK for the umpteenth time. I have categorically proved that the line has a fault by trying a friends laptop on it. So I am yet again at a loss as to what do I do next. Plusnet have yet again gone back to BT to ask them to retest the line. I feel like I am stuck in a loop with only way out to leave Plusnet and join BT broadband - maybe they will be able to fix the problem if they are supplying the broadband?
I have told Plusnet that they have until 10th June to get BT to deliver fully operational broadband to my home, since that is the date of the next direct debit. If its not working before then, the DD will not clear and we will part company.
barnyandpippa
Grafter

If it gives you any confidence: I was without my broadband service for 3 months after I moved house because BT had provided my POTS service by optical fibre, which doesn't support broadband.

I had the same direct debit debate but chose to keep paying to maintain my email addresses and webspace. Once BT had 3 miles of 1,000pr cable and connected myself and my neighbours up, I wrote to PN and recieved a full refund in a couple of days.

I agree with you about not paying if you don't get the service and also that PN are pretty slack when there's a problem but in my experience, assuming they sort you out, you probably won't be out of pocket.
N/A

Round and round we go, where we stop nobody knows........

"BT have tested the line and were unable to find any fault on the service. Please can you reset your equipment and test the connection plugging your modem/router into the master socket with all other devices disconnected and get back to us if the problem is still evident? Please can you respond to us within 5 days as if you do not then the fault is likely to have timed out with BT. This will then require us to raise a new fault case which in turn will delay getting the problem investigation."

So, BT have just tested my line for the hundredth time and concluded all is well and suggested I try connecting my pc directly into the main phone socket with no other devices attached. So great news then? Um, no. We have done this many many times already. We have done this with a friends laptop and proved the line does not work. Why then do Plusnet simply accept this from BT and pass on this truly ingenious suggestion?

I am stuck on the moon around which BT and Plusnet orbit, with seemingly no chance of ever being rescued.....
N/A

loyalty doesn't count

I sympathise with you. I have been a customer of PN for years and my recent experience (since the unrequested regrade to MaxDSL in mid April) mirrors yours exactly - instability of line, very low speeds and pointless responses and suggestions from them which go round and round in circles. The support staff do not even bother to read the history of the item before suggesting (again and again) to try another modem .....
In my case, loyalty has not produced any result. I am thinking about cancelling the payment and moving on. Pity as in my former IT life, I used to recommend them routinely but would not do so now.
N/A

Hi All,

I was recommended the PlusNet broadband by a co-worker. I am an expat who just moved into an appartment in London and I signed up with broadband from PlusNet.

All was due to be active on the 24th of May, yet I have not been able to send or receive a single bit or byte! I have spent hours on hold with the helpdesk only to find no-one would ever answer me. Also, the online member centre has answered my questions in the beginning, but it has almost been a week since they sent me a message saying all is fine and asked me if the problem still existed. And yes it does. For the past week I have been resetting my modems, a couple times a day, trying again and again, even took a day off to go home and check after I received an "All is OK".

I have paid my bill and all that, and I have asked through the webpages if they could at least keep me in the loop of what is happening. Also, I was asked to provide a phonenumber where I can be reached. Which I did, but no phonecall. No answer on the pages, no service.

Is this common in the UK, should I wait and wait? Can I cancel the contract and try another form of internet fom another provider? It has been three weeks since I signed up, and nothing yet. The diagnostics tests in the BT Voyager modem say everything is either off, failing or n/a...