cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 External IP's to map to 2 Internal Workstations!

N/A

I have a small pier to pier network running at home. I'm using an ADSL 4-port router to connect the computers together. Basically I contacted Plus.net the other day about online gaming etc. They have given me another IP address to use with my other workstation (As 2 workstations with the same IP in the same online game kinda doesn't work). The problem is I have no idea how to make one of the workstations use the new IP address. Can anyone help me please? Thanks :lol:
4 REPLIES
N/A

Depends on operating system you use. Under Windows 2000.. The sequence is ROUGHLY.....

Click My Network Places (Desktop.. usually)

Local Area Connection

Properties

Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

Properties

Click 'Use the following IP address' - Enter the address you have been given.
(You will need to complete the details for Subnet and Default Gateway)

You also need to ensure that other PC's/devices will still be able to see this PC. (Same subnet etc.)

Click OK.. You probably need to reboot.
N/A

I assume you are using NAT on your router in which case you will have to change the router to use NO NAT.

How you do this depends on the router but plus net have some good guidelines.
N/A

Ok. So you mean I need to change the current internal IP address from 192.168.8.2 to the spare internet IP address I have been given? And would the subnet need to be the local one, ie 255.255.255.0 or the PlusNet one, 255.255.255.252? And does the gateway still need to be the same address? ie, the IP of the router? I think I can turn off NAT no probs. Thanks for your help.
N/A

Hi, I'm still waiting for confirmation that my above post is correct? Thanks.