cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.5MB Web Speed 5.5MB Download Speed????

N/A

Hi to all ,
Ive just been upgraded to 8mb and im seening speeds of 2.5 mb in speed tests done in web browsers and im able to get a download speed on usenet of 5.5 mb!
Im i right in thinking that my speed should be the same web browse`in or downloading??
Looks like in on the llu with tiscali bt speedtester failed to work
modem is syc`in @7108 down 608 up
Any one Having the same ?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Looks like you may have just been llu'd as your upload is greatter than 448.

Even with maxdsl. I can notice a big difference between webpages downloading and file downloading.

It's best to try a few test over a few mins to get a real representation of your speed as it can vary from second to second.

I have run a test only seconds apart and the results have ranged form 300kbps to 5000kbps.

A
N/A

Hi amcclean
Tested speed for a good 10 mins and im getting a constant 2.5 Mb web and 5.5 mb downloading ??
this beats me ,plus i do think im on llu ,funny that its not varying by much like urs?? mabye a few kbps sometimes?
Thx Cheesy
craiglay
Grafter

The difference your experiencing is probably normal. When browsing websites, you are limited by the speed of the web server you are accessing. When using usenet, you are probably accessing a much faster server or multiple servers.

In my opinion, 8 Meg broadband is not really to improve web browsing speeds or download speeds, its to supply new services such as VOIP and Video on Demand.