cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1mbit and 2mbit

N/A

1mbit and 2mbit

Just looked at the internet central site where they're offering these services at a great price (although I like a lot on here will wait for plusnet to offer the service)the only thing is I put in my phone number and it said I couldn't recieve the 1 or 2mbit service because my exchange was so far away, strange that considering it's only 2 mile away. So when we all dive into the new service when it's offered, is it going to be another nightmare like it was when adsl was first offered nationwide. For a supposedly advanced and technilogical aware country, we are way behind so many lesser beings on this planet. For us folk who can't (or don't want cable) we have to rely on other people , such as Plusnet, which at the end of the day are under the thumbs of BT, otherwise known as the dictators. I'll bet you any money that when they offer these ISPS a product that is available at a decent price so that they can pass that price on to there customers, demand will outstrip supply ten fold at least. Just another case of being behind the times. THIS COUNTRY TECHNILOGICALLY AWARE? I think I'll go and play with my abacus!!!
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: 1mbit and 2mbit

ADSL is alot cheaper than other countries. BT aren't villens with ADSL, look at the amount of roll out they have done and how better the prices can be from some ISPs compared to the cable companies.

Twenty odd quid isn't bad for an always on connection is it?

Chris
N/A

BT, otherwise known as the dictators.

raflmao
N/A

>ADSL is alot cheaper than other countries. BT aren't >villens with ADSL, look at the amount of roll out >they have done and how better the prices can be from >some ISPs compared to the cable companies.
>
>Twenty odd quid isn't bad for an always on connection >is it?

>Chris

As a country we were poisoned by the rise and fall of free internet service providers.
People failed to realise that the only thing that ever mattered was unmetered access. This was some thing I was always happy to pay a premium for.

Saying that I think the initial prices of ADSL were a bit high, however I still payed it as I knew the virtues of the services (one of the few lucky members of the videotron/dircon combo).

Now we have a nation used to free things, and expect every thing else to be free.

I am currently out of work and claiming benefits, and yes, £22 a month is a huge amount of my resources (thanks pah), but if some one is working then it suddenly drop's to being fairly insignifficant, compared to a pizza or night out on the town.

For what we get, the prices are fine.

For higher speeds? Hell yeah pay a premium, the majority of people only want those for P2P applications : )

Doug