cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1mbit 50:1 regrade price change ;)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Just what I've been waiting for, but looking at my dB readings lately I'm not going to get it. Still too high, shame as a month ago they had dropped to 45 now back to 49-52's again. With a coffee & biccy for the BT engineer 45 could have been pushed through but not now Sad
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
33 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

It is still worth having a go!

If it fails, you don't have to pay and won't have any downtime eitherway, so it's gotta be worth it?

Regards,

Ian
Community Veteran

Upgrades

And us "lucky" engineer-installed folks? Does it work for us, or only for self-install?

If it does, how's the downtime looking nowadays?
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
N/A

I beleive it is now possible to regrade direct from "IPStream 500 (USB)" (50:1 engineer install product) to "IPStream Home 1000" (50:1 wires only). This was planned for a single price method, rather than doing it in two steps.

Sombody should confirm this, however, I am unsure of the PlusNet stance.

Regardless, this will require that you return the modem to BT (in a provided envelope) and use your own connection equipment.
Community Veteran

As my pc is dual-cpu, I've been using a router for quite a while, so returning the frog isn't an issue.
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
N/A

Re: 1mbit 50:1 regrade price change ;)

Just what I've been waiting for, but looking at my dB readings lately I'm not going to get it. Still too high, shame as a month ago they had dropped to 45 now back to 49-52's again. With a coffee & biccy for the BT engineer 45 could have been pushed through but not now Sad

I've recently joined Plusnet (from Freeserve) and initially applied for the 1Mb service (a faster line was one of several reasons for moving). Even though the BT checker indicated my line was not suitable for 1Mb I was optimistic as my dB shows as a consistent 44.5 (although I know that is not the only criteria). Unsurprisingly the order was rejected and I ended up on 512K again.

I wonder if my order was rejected on the basis of the data they already have that their checker uses, or whether an actual test would have been performed on my line. If it was the former is it possible to try for an upgrade again and have the line re-checked? It seems a shame to be apparently so near, yet so far and I would love to take advantage of this offer Cheesy

Mark.
mitchell20
Grafter

It's just a shame that these price drops don't include new connections/activations. £70 for 1Mb activation does still seem excesive to me
Community Veteran

well its a no go on mine

Loop Loss 49 dB

But wondering if the whoosh test is dependant on the protocol you use as currently using G.Dmt to get the above reading from PN's test and my own router reports the same. But if using G.lite its 45 on my end. Ok its ISDN pings but wondering if some have cheated to get it using that and then changing back to G.Dmt
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Have you had PlusNet perform a test whilst on G.lite?

It may well be worth it.

Alternatives include reporting a fault for fluctuating values. You may find BT fix it enough for you to have it.
N/A

@ starion

Hi im going through a regrade from the ipstream home 500 (engineer install from 2000) to the 1 meg line i confirmed yesterday so ill keep you updated if you like
Community Veteran

@acarr well my dB have risen since Xmas but thinking weather problems so going to wait for a month and see what happens. But asked CS if BT test with all protocols or just the 2 main ones Ansi and G.dmt, as if they did try G.lite I wonder how many would pass that currently fail even for a 512 line let alone 1or 2mbit
N/A

Hi,

Can someone please explain to a new user (on a 512 connection) what this entails?

i.e. do you need a new modem?

do BT have to approve the new speed?

how do you go about upgrading?

Many thanks
Community Veteran

Hi,

Can someone please explain to a new user (on a 512 connection) what this entails?

i.e. do you need a new modem?

do BT have to approve the new speed?

how do you go about upgrading?

Many thanks

you raise a ticket asking for the exact account you want ot upgrade to, be sure to mention about domains etc if you dont then they might be added by mistake if you dont have them on your 512 connection.

Your current hardware should be more than capable, its the upload limit that some have problems but BT wont have faster than 256k upload for years yet on home lines at a good price so not an issue
N/A

Ok we have a week to go , the date for completion is 21/01/04 , downtime wise teh guys on the support line said about 2hrs max ....
N/A

Is it just me or is this offer slightly misleading?

After reading the update in the announcements forum, I decided to go through the automated Contact Us section to upgrade my Easystart 512 account.

In their it says that:

EasyStart 512 > 1MB Upgrade Special Offer

Choose this option if you currently have Broadband Easystart and wish to upgrade to the 1MB version of the same product for a one off fee of £25 + VAT and a monthly subscription of £39.99.

It appears that the offer of 1MB upgrade for £29 is for ADSL home users only.

Have I got this right?