cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1mb views please

N/A

1mb views please

hi all
has anyone taken the plunge and gone for the 1mb line yet?
if so please can you give me your views on it ie:performance difference from 512line.
its a lot of wedge per month if theres not much difference :?
thnx guys
mark
11 REPLIES
Couger
Grafter

1mb views please

Hi

If your refering to the new 1 MB trial service im affraid no one is one the service yet its still on the signup stage sry

Im sure once users are connected there will be alot of topics in here about it in time

Regards Sven Cheesy
N/A

1mb views please

thnx sven
i was on about upgrading not the trial ?
just wondered if anyone had upgraded from the 512line to the 1mb Cheesy
N/A

1mb views please

If you are on about the new product, only released this week, then this is a trial, upgrade or new install.

BT Wholesale run trials on pretty much everything before they releease if for proper usage.

It allows them to take there time, as they are not subject to the strict SLAs they set and iron out any bugs.
N/A

1mb views please

cheers Philip
i thought it had been around for awhile.
i spoke to someone on the +net sales and they said the trial had ended
so what do i do now if the trial has ended?
can i upgrade my 512line to the 1mb line from the main home page or do i have to raise a ticket.

thnx for your help
mark
N/A

1mb views please

For the New ADSL Home 50:1 1MB product, priced at £32.99 per month, then this is still in trial. Infact, the trial only started on Monday, and no activations or conversions have yet taken place.

There are two 1MB products available to the residential market from PlusNet. The one noted above, and the HomeWorker version. HomeWorker is a lot more expensive though is 20:1 and based around the business product.

If you are wish to enter into the trial, use the upgrade link at the top of this page.

Don't be put off by the word trial. As noted in my previous post, BT allways have a trial period, where they can screw up and take there time as much as they wish, without being subjected to strict SLA rules.
N/A

1mb views please

I have been on the 20:1 1mb BB for the last 3 month and it seems to pretty ok.

My only complaint is that the uploads seems to be consitenently lower than what I had on pipex 512kb, typically only achieving about 235kb as opposed to the 255kb with pipex.

Im not sure whether other users have expeneiced this, but I’ve also noticed on quite a few occasions that loading of web pages can be very slow. I'm not sure whether this is down to inconsistent dns or routing issues, i haven’t had the time to further investigate it.

Other than the issues described above I am reasonably happy with the service.

Sean
N/A

1mb views please

thnx ciscohire thats interesting as i thought the upload speeds would increase aswell as downloads :? with the 1mb line

thnx again Philip
i tried upgrading from the above link but it says i have to raise a ticket or phone which i will try now Sad
i did raise a ticket but was informed it wouild cost me £64? to upgrade.what opn earth is that for?
regards mark
Community Veteran

1mb views please

Two points here.

Upload speed on all the ADSL types are the same. Only your download speed is changed. Hence the name ADSL (Asyncronous Digital Subscriber Line).

The £64 fee is payed by PlusNet to BT.
I presume its for them to connect you to a different set of equipment at the exchange?
N/A

1mb views please

PlusNet charge £50+VAT for a regrade to Home 1Mb. The uplift on the fee of £35+VAT charged by BT is due to the amount of manual processing involved.

Tim
N/A

1mb views please

thnx guys
if i go to the sign up page it has the option to pay £40.38prmnth which i asume covers the £64 over the 12mnth contract, is this correct ? can i do it this way or is that for new customers who hav'nt got adsl already?

cheers fella's
mark
N/A

1mb views please

If you already have ADSL, I would recommend that you raise a ticket to request the upgrade.

Tim