cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1mb upgrade

N/A

1mb upgrade

I am on 512k home adsl i want 2 go to 1mb home adsl. Is the 1mb line still a monthly contract effort as in were i pay 21.99 a month i pay 32.99 a month. Cause they emailed back saying, Inorder to uprade your account to 1mb. Please provide us with your valid card details as the DD details on your account are fro monthly subscription only.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

1mb upgrade

I think the credit card is to pay the regrade fee which is I think 29.99+VAT or £35 (Can't remember which). You can't pay the regrade fee by direct debit.

Yes 1meg ADSL Home can be a 1month contract. Although It may depend on what your current contract is (1 month or 12). If it's 12 you cannot switch to a 1 month as far as I know until the 12 months are up.

Once you pay the regrade fee and BT/PlusNet confirm 1Meg is possible after a line test you then pay £32.99/month via direct debit.
N/A

1mb upgrade

lo,same situation atm myself.card details are needed to take your connection fee for your upgrade,musnt be possible to have it added on to your next DD payment.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

1mb upgrade

Hi,

The regrade fee is £25+VAT and the new monthly fee is £32.99 (inc. VAT).

At present we can only take the regrade fee via a card as Direct Debit only allows us to take the regular monthly subscription, one off fees such as the regrade fee need to be taken via card.

The contract length would remain the same, so if you are on monthly now you'd stay on monthly after a regrade.
N/A

1mb upgrade

Only details i need is da credit card one as in the number
N/A

1mb upgrade

If i were you dont go with 1mb its crap its beacause ive found it no different than my last 512 connection with bt
N/A

1mb upgrade

just got my upgrade thru this morning and nvidia gfx driver download took 2 mins 9 secs for a 12mb download.pretty quick kinda crap dont u think.