cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1mb upgrade- How much do I use?

N/A

I am thinking of upgrading to a 1mb package and see that it comes with 2gb for 'free'. I need to know exactly what my actual usage is before I consider any updrade. I would consider £23 a month, but not £31 if I ended up using shitloads of bandwidth, and wouldnt want to have to swap back to 512k.

So are support able to give me my bandwith figures from the last 3 months say?

That would give me an idea if an upgrade is feasible or not.

thx.

P.s. By usage I mean everything not just website stats.
12 REPLIES
N/A

Your usage is available at any time in the member centre for you to see, go to Connection setting>View my usage.
Come back this afternoon and you might find that you can afford a bit more than 2GB
Community Veteran

and to get your usage history, just click on the view this months usage link at the bottom of that page.

The prices for 1Mb and 2Mb packages are about to be reduced/changed this afternoon.
N/A

The new prices should have been flagged up over a hour ago (12.20), it's now 13.30 and the old prices are still showing.
N/A

Well, it's gone past 17.30 and nothing has changed. Service status still says midday. I guess it's not going to happen today.
Boo, what a let down
N/A

On the contrary. See this page - they're being rolled out as we speak! Also notice the new banners at the top of the portal advertising them Smiley

Moderators note (John) BB url Code fixed for you
N/A

Will the reduction also apply to the business rates eg Netstart?
N/A

Yay, I must learn to more patient.
1 meg for me, 5 gig should be enough. Same price as what I have been paying for 512k , (admittedly uncapped).
Brilliant, top marks PlusNet.
Community Veteran

Will the reduction also apply to the business rates eg Netstart?

None of the business products are changing. The busines product range is being revamped and it should be release mid to end sept.
N/A

OK I see the new prices but now I want to know what happens if I exceed my limit? If I have paid for 6 gb and I use 8 what happens? Do I loose my service or do I get charged more?
N/A

You will be charged the corresponding surcharge for each GB or part there-of, on your next months bill.

On the 1Mb package, there is a surcharge of £1.75 per GB.

As such, 8GB use on a 6GB quota package, means 2GB surcharge, or £3.50
Community Veteran

Nope. You need to catch up Philip, that is the difference between the usage packages on 1Mb ADSL, not the cost for additional 1GB over your included limit.

From Broadband Home Info page:

Using more than your included bandwidth is not a problem; you can pay for extra bandwidth as you use it (it’s just £1.90 for each GB for the 512k service, £2.00 for the 1Mb service and £2.10 for the 2Mb service). If you’re using more than your included bandwidth regularly you can change your package to suit your changing needs.

So going 2GB over your limit will cost you £4
N/A

I am up on the new changes, I just read the wrong column in this case.