cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1mb Waaahayy

N/A

1mb Waaahayy

Heve not had official notification yet but the 'ol net seemed jolly fast today so I speed tested and got 955 instead of 460 so I guess I'm now on 1mb.

Just thought that I would spread the good news as there always seem to be bad news on this forum including some of mine, I hasten to add.

Thank you PlusNet. Cheesy
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

1mb Waaahayy

Time to tweak your MTU as that speed is a little low. See
MTU tweak.

Don't forget to set your router to the sam MTU as your PC if you have one and reboot both before doing any speed tests.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

1mb Waaahayy

Low? its near enough maximum as can be for 1mbit

955kbite is 120 kbyte
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

1mb Waaahayy

Oops! Shockedops: I read it as 925 not 955... in which case it's a good speed. May still be worth a tweak - you never know Wink
N/A

1mb Waaahayy

could you tell me where in the router settings this is (solwise110)as my speed test result shows 832.70kbps,and thats about as good as i can get atm with various tweeks but i havent changed router settings,cheers
N/A

1mb Waaahayy

Ah! now the download speed seems to be as up and down as a you know what's knickers. Sometimes up to 950 but sometimes down to 600ish. I have not changed anything (I would'nt know how to) so is this to be expected. Ie is this due to busy periods, many people accessing the one website etc?

Overall I have to say that everything seems to be quicker and downloading trailers is a hell of a lot faster. Almost like using the work PC.
ID
Grafter

1mb Waaahayy

"Sometimes up to 950 but sometimes down to 600ish"

It may be worth getting a bandwidth monitor such as DUMeter (search google). I have 1 meg and my speed is around 850kb/s average. My connection drops to 0kb/s around every 30secs. This is totally down to my router (Belkin Wireless) and not +Net. It does not occur when the router firewall is off. I am still waiting for Belkin to come back to me with a solution.
N/A

1mb Waaahayy

I've been nagging at +Net for days now asking why I haven't been upgraded. Then I spotted this thread and did a speed test : 974.90 kbps! Seems I've been upgraded and nobody told me. I'm not sure if that's good or bad service........
the_norris
Grafter

1mb Waaahayy

could you tell me where in the router settings this is (solwise110)as my speed test result shows 832.70kbps,and thats about as good as i can get atm with various tweeks but i havent changed router settings,cheers

You will need to telnet to the router to change this setting. Start a command window. Then open telnet seesion to the router:

c:\> TELNET RouterIP

Login with the routers user name and password - same as the one for the web interface.

Then at the routers command prompt '$' use the following commands:

To display current MRU setting:

get ppp intf ifname ppp-0

To change setting:

modify ppp intf ifname ppp-0 mru 1478

Were 1478 is the MRU you want

Use the above display command to confirm change was made

To save changes to FLASH memory (Important - or you will lose the setting after a reboot):

commit

To exit router config

exit

I hope this is ok.

Phil
N/A

1mb Waaahayy

Yeah I didnt know that I had been regraded either. I have only just been told officially.

Nevermind eh atleast we have it. :lol: