cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1mb Connection

N/A

1mb Connection

is there any plans to offer a 1mb connection to home users?
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 1mb Connection

I would love a 1meg conection for home usage
i also would like to know if there is anything planned
N/A

PlusNet have to wait til BT release a 1 meg package...you can't get away from em can you!!!

> I would love a 1meg conection for home usage
> i also would like to know if there is anything planned

N/A

You can get a bussiness version 2meg package
so why can bt not do a bigger 1meg or 2meg even package for home users,i am thinking major road work has to be done for this bigger wires etc so the conection charge would be greater
eg: £150 conection fee and after that £250 a month ooowwcch for a 2meg though 2048 download and 256k upload stillHuh i think if you want a bigger bandwidth upload the wires have to be even bigger??
anyways this info is what i colloected on various sites
chrisSmiley

N/A

Im sure the size of the wires have nothing to do with it.

As long as the resistance is low and the signals pass though it this is not a problem.

ADSL works by sending and recieving sound waves along the phone line - Just like a modem. But it uses the ranges that us humans cant hear - unlike a modem.

I think thats right anyway

N/A

Theres a 1mb business connection you can get. That has been recommened by plusnet before when this topic has come up.

Currently you are only allowed a 1mb connection for home use due to the license. So you couldnt go straight to the 2mb one.

w2k

--
MICROSOFT = Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
Teenagers
N/A

> Im sure the size of the wires have nothing to do with it.
>
> As long as the resistance is low and the signals pass though it this is not a problem.
>
> ADSL works by sending and recieving sound waves along the phone line - Just like a modem. But it uses the ranges that us humans cant hear - unlike a modem.
>
> I think thats right anyway
>
>
Unfortunately mate you are completely wrong - its digital and absolutely nothing to do with analogue sound waves - a lot to do with resistances and noise (high resistance or induced emf)bugger all to do with sound

--