cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Meg - Distance from exchange!

N/A

Is there any technologies in the pipeline to extend the reach for the 1 meg etc as i am unable to get it at the moment (do have 512k).

Went through the manual order process and came back unable to get it.

Cheers
Sblick
8 REPLIES
keithcalder
Grafter

Inknow how you feel, its even worse when all the houses round you can get 2MB and you cant. Just got the following result from a woosh test, funnily enough the results are higher than when Bt tested it a week ago when the loss was 48db.
Woosh test shows
Circuit Information
Circuit In Sync
Upstream ADSL Link Info
Loop Loss 26 dB
Cell Count 5595
Downstream ADSL Link Info
Loop Loss 51.5 dB
Cell Count 21518
Unfortunately the higher speeds are not available on this line.

So I phoned Bt who said, we can re-route your line but it will cost £1000+. Hope technology advances so I can get a faster service without having to pay BT even more money. :x
N/A

How do i find out what the line loss is on my line? As this is more critical that the actual distance (from what i have read)

Cheers
Sblick
N/A

The reason they do it on line distance is it is easier for most people to understand.

The line length is not so much the isuse, but the actual line loss.

If you allready have ADSL with PlusNet, then you should raise a link:contact us ticket asking for a Whoosh test.
keithcalder
Grafter

Funnily enough, the adsl checker said I couldnt have 1 or 2MB this morning, now however it has changed and now says I can have a faster service, so I phoned plusnet who confirmed this. So I have now rdered a regrade to 1mB. heres hoping it all goes withoiut a hitch. Dunno why the adsl checker changed but I did have words with BT this morning, so maybe theyve sorted something. Smiley
N/A

Did u pass

Is there any way to actaully find out what the reading is on your line.

I did put in for home 1mb but failed, however +net said that BT would not supply the details.

Is there any way I can find this out or can +net give the results of a whoosh test ?

thanks
N/A

+Net can only supply the whoosh test detail if you currently have a ADSL activated line through them.

IE, you must allready be on at least the 512 service.

BT allmost never give this information out and your best bet is to ask the engineer if you see him on a callout to your address. There is little reason to call him out, and they would charge you a lot if there is no problem to be looked at.
N/A

I am currently on a Home 500 service with +Net, so would it be possible to get this info ?

Thanks
Community Veteran

Yes, raise a ticket via Contact us, explain why you want the woosh test doing and they should be able to help.

Chris