cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Mbit - Speed Increase

N/A

1Mbit - Speed Increase

Once again the Cable companies have completely trounced the ISP's by delivering a 1Mbit service to their customers for around £35.

Is this likely to extend to ISP's and will the charges be brought into line with Cable or are the ISP's and hence us still at the mercy of BT?

Answers please PlusNet....
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 1Mbit - Speed Increase

A friend of mine has the 512kb service with a cable company. So far the ADSL service I have (also 512kb), beats his connection hands down. I think this is probably down to contention rates on cable.

IMHO, after seeing the speed difference between ADSL and Cable, I suspect the 1Mbit service that he could receive, will not be that much faster than the 512kb service I already have.
Obviously this is just in my area.
Does anyone else have difference experience? If I thought the cable service was a reliable 1Mbit service, I would certainly consider switching, especially seen as they are charging about 35 quid Smiley

> Once again the Cable companies have completely trounced the ISP's by delivering a 1Mbit service to their customers for around £35.
>
> Is this likely to extend to ISP's and will the charges be brought into line with Cable or are the ISP's and hence us still at the mercy of BT?
>
> Answers please PlusNet....

N/A

A couple of my friends also have Telewest's broadband offering and from what I have discovered is that it appears to be somewhat faster than my own at present.

If +Net were to offer 1Mbits at an affordable price, i.e. sub £35, then I'd definately consider it.

> A friend of mine has the 512kb service with a cable company. So far the ADSL service I have (also 512kb), beats his connection hands down. I think this is probably down to contention rates on cable.
>
> IMHO, after seeing the speed difference between ADSL and Cable, I suspect the 1Mbit service that he could receive, will not be that much faster than the 512kb service I already have.
> Obviously this is just in my area.
> Does anyone else have difference experience? If I thought the cable service was a reliable 1Mbit service, I would certainly consider switching, especially seen as they are charging about 35 quid Smiley
>
> > Once again the Cable companies have completely trounced the ISP's by delivering a 1Mbit service to their customers for around £35.
> >
> > Is this likely to extend to ISP's and will the charges be brought into line with Cable or are the ISP's and hence us still at the mercy of BT?
> >
> > Answers please PlusNet....
>
>

N/A

FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTN - RE: 1Mbit - Speed Increase

Please review this link.... and make a statement as soon as..... I really cannot take the goading from my Telewest friends who have been continually winding me up all day abouth their "perfect & fast service"

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/evenfaster/

> A couple of my friends also have Telewest's broadband offering and from what I have discovered is that it appears to be somewhat faster than my own at present.
>
> If +Net were to offer 1Mbits at an affordable price, i.e. sub £35, then I'd definately consider it.
>
> > A friend of mine has the 512kb service with a cable company. So far the ADSL service I have (also 512kb), beats his connection hands down. I think this is probably down to contention rates on cable.
> >
> > IMHO, after seeing the speed difference between ADSL and Cable, I suspect the 1Mbit service that he could receive, will not be that much faster than the 512kb service I already have.
> > Obviously this is just in my area.
> > Does anyone else have difference experience? If I thought the cable service was a reliable 1Mbit service, I would certainly consider switching, especially seen as they are charging about 35 quid Smiley
> >
> > > Once again the Cable companies have completely trounced the ISP's by delivering a 1Mbit service to their customers for around £35.
> > >
> > > Is this likely to extend to ISP's and will the charges be brought into line with Cable or are the ISP's and hence us still at the mercy of BT?
> > >
> > > Answers please PlusNet....
> >
> >
>
>

N/A

RE: FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTN - RE: 1Mbit - Speed Increase

As soon as BT offer a residential 1meg product, we will of course offer this to our customers.

Remember that most users would not even use 512k, anything faster would really need multiple users, or heavily doing it with the P2P applications.

Kind regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support .................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
pgudge
Grafter

Some people seem to report some great speeds on their ADSL accounts, however mine is pretty constant at about @50-55kb/s (512 ish).

I have had the cable 512 for about a year now, and it seem no differnece from the ADSL account with PlusNet.

I also upgraded to the 1mb service last week, and wow, it is faster. It is twice faster than ADSL 512, hence the 1024kb/s (1mb).

It is totaly area depenedant.

The cable 1mb service for £35 is outstanding, and the plusnet 1mb ADSL @ £110 I think will probably be as fast as cable, but to those that live next door to the exchange will get even more.

I think we all need to sweet talk plusnet to look into the 1mb home service, but at the end of the day it the ******** at BT that need sweet talking.

Paul G

> A friend of mine has the 512kb service with a cable company. So far the ADSL service I have (also 512kb), beats his connection hands down. I think this is probably down to contention rates on cable.
>
> IMHO, after seeing the speed difference between ADSL and Cable, I suspect the 1Mbit service that he could receive, will not be that much faster than the 512kb service I already have.
> Obviously this is just in my area.
> Does anyone else have difference experience? If I thought the cable service was a reliable 1Mbit service, I would certainly consider switching, especially seen as they are charging about 35 quid Smiley
>