cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Mb regrade... what would this mean?

N/A

Last week I asked for my 1/2Mb account to be upgraded to 1Mb (I am amber for this). Now this week, my router disconnected a few times - I can only put this down to the regrade process as my router has never dropped. Thing is though, it's been a week and it's not been regraded. Normally if it fails then my order would disappear off the BT order tracker / bt broadband availibility checker as soon as. However it has remained on there. My regrade ticket with +net is due to be updated tomorrow... reckon BT are looking to send an engineer or something?
10 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

The regrade looks to be going through fine however i cannot find out the exact date of completion at the moment due to the BT system being down. Although the regrade process can take upto 7working days.

Hope this helps.
N/A

Hey.. so you can actually see if BT have tested the line and given it the OK? I wasn't expecting the ticket to be looked at, but thanks for that anyway Smiley
N/A

Well, have to say I'm impressed. 1Mb regrade took place early this morning. Not bad considering BT reckon I'd never even get 512k all those months ago Wink

Cheers Plus Smiley
N/A

Smiley
N/A

Advicwe for another nildram mover

Hi with a gotadsl monica I assume you were with nildram.
So was I and just move from a 512k 1g capped service to plus home lite.
Went fine without a glitch.
I want to upgrade now to a 1mb service with 2gigs/month. It is good to see your move was fime. How much did it cost you in the end to go from a 512k to a 1m sevice? £14.99 or the £150 tucked away in one of the faqs?
Thanks
RMWDN
N/A

Well, that depends. I was already on 512k IPStream so it was a simple regrade costing £14.99. If you are on Datastream currently and want to regrade to a 1mb datastream then I'm not sure what the costing for that is, but if you're regrading from a datastream to IPStream service I believe it's a full cease/provide as the 2 services are entirely different.

I would have thought you would be on IPStream if you're on PlusNet so hopefully you'd only cough up the £14.99, but I would probably get someone to confirm the type of service you are on.
N/A

Thanks gotadsl

I am on IPstream so hopefully just £14.99. I will check again though.
How about a comment from Plusnet?
N/A

Hi,

To move from the 512k Lite package to the 1MB Lite package there is a one off regrade fee of £14.99 and this process usually takes 5-7 working days.
N/A

Hi,

Just to add, apart from our "DSL Connect" customers all our adsl customer base are on IPSTREAM.
N/A

Thanks

Thanks plusnet