cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Mb Connection

N/A

1Mb Connection

Are Plusnet going to offer a competatively priced 1Mb connection to home users same as other cable companies are doing now (Blueyonder) or do we have to upgrade to the extortionate business rates that are behing offered.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 1Mb Connection

Plusnet are restricted by the extortionate prices that BT charges for wholesale dsl connections. If you want plusnet to reduce prices, you'll have to force BT to reduce wholesale price.
N/A

BT need to produce a 1mb Wholesale product aimed at Home Users at the moment they dont think this is what home users want only business want 1mb but they are wrong many people want 1mb and this can be backed by the 33,000 people that purchased Blueyonders 1mb services within the first few weeks of its launch.
N/A

Cable providers could turn around tomorrow and offer any speeds they want just like the way that NTL's 512k/128K service overnight became 600k/128k to compete with BT and all customers whether known to them or not reap the benefits at the same price.

Thats the main advantage NTL has as the direct company you deal with for your access whereas all ADSL ISPs are reliant on what BT Wholesale have to offer and then making another price to consumers so the ISP can make a profit and be competitive.
N/A

1mb is only for hardcore internet users be fair for web browsing its useless, and for filedownloading who isnt prepared to leave there computer on over night? the reason blueyonders 1mb is so popular is because its £30 a month? who can say no to that?
its not fair to say 1megabit is miles better because a fair amount of users wont even take advantage of the speed, thats EXACTLY what bt are thinking. Im just glad that broadbands about in the uk and slowly speeding up, at least we know its capable of reaching highers speeds, so when i need 1bm or higher i can get it, when i do need it, it should be cheaper Smiley