cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1MB trial

Community Veteran

1MB trial

Early days I guess ;-p
The official BT line seems to suggest that moving from 500 to 1MB is less straightforward for us poor souls with engineer installs from the dawn of time and sub-30dB attenuation.

Anyone tried this route yet? Or have I missed something?
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
7 REPLIES
N/A

1MB trial

It isn't that it is less straight forward.

The system, as has been said before, is a trial, and has not gone to official release and won't do for some time.

There are multiple ways a ISP can make an order. Which one they use depends on there needs and the systems in place.

There is a XML system, a portal system manaual ordering and I think I can see another, though it's all jargon to me.

Some of these systems do not have the abbility to run the upgrades through just yet thus these are relegated to manual ordering.

The only problem is, while the trial is running, BT have set a maximum of 50 orders for manual processing.

Once they have used them, that is apparently it.

That is the idea of the trial, to test the systems out and remove the kinks.
Community Veteran

1MB trial

Sorry... I'm not whinging (for a change Wink )

I realise it's a trial, but my point stands.

adslguide report that engineer-installed adsl needs to be migrated twice - first to the current home 500, then onwards to home 1000. Has anyone on an engineer install requested and/or been approved for migration to the 1MB trial.

And, looking ahead, how smoothly will/does/did the transfer go? How much downtime? etc etc etc
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
N/A

1MB trial

The only problem is, while the trial is running, BT have set a maximum of 50 orders for manual processing.

Apparently they have now removed this limit for manual orders.

Tim
N/A

1MB trial

Yup.

Just read over some information located at BT

During the trial BT Wholesale will manage a process to accept orders for new provides and regrades from BT IPStream Home 500 and BT IPStream Office products. Previously we had planned to restrict this to 50 orders per customer; however, based on customer feedback we have removed this restriction.
Grimbo
Grafter

1MB trial

adslguide report that engineer-installed adsl needs to be migrated twice - first to the current home 500, then onwards to home 1000. Has anyone on an engineer install requested and/or been approved for migration to the 1MB trial.

And, looking ahead, how smoothly will/does/did the transfer go? How much downtime? etc etc etc

Thats what i'm being told...

I have been told that there will be 7 days downtime.

It just seems petty and officious for BT to make us pay twice and wait 7 days for a mere technicality!!!
N/A

1MB trial

That depends.

There are currently 3 trials on the go that people in the Home 1000 area may be concerned with.

There are package regrades.

This allows you to regrade from the old "IPStream 500" and "IPStream S500" onto the new versions (In order, "IPStream Home 500" and "IPStream Office 500" (Some somebody confirm that, the product structure is baffling me).

I have allready told you this before, and your cross posting is rather annoying to say the least.

If or not you have to go with a 7 - 10 day downtime currently depends on the ISP. If the ISP has signed up with the like-for-like regrade, then there is no downtime, otherwise it involves downtime.

In most part, you have to blame the public on some of this, and not BT.

The public have wanted BT to continialy take steps to provide them with other services. Thus they rush a product to launch, by skipping out the regradeing process.

It is only now that BT are catching up by providing this.

They are doing there best on this, so you can only wait in this area.
Grimbo
Grafter

1MB trial

I have allready told you this before, and your cross posting is rather annoying to say the least.

How the hell is this cross-posting?

The guy asked a question...

And I told him what I knew.

I appreciated your help on my queries, but don't get carried away.