cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1MB Home Use

thePhoolish
Grafter

1MB Home Use

Any chance of setting up 1MB accounts for home users?
Would anyone else be interested in this?
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 1MB Home Use

> Any chance of setting up 1MB accounts for home users?
> Would anyone else be interested in this?

Not this again, does any1 know how to do a forum search.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> Any chance of setting up 1MB accounts for home users?
> Would anyone else be interested in this?

They cant as BT wont allow it for Residential. Not sure what checks if any BT make to confirm it is for a Business, but no chance for us home users.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

> > Any chance of setting up 1MB accounts for home users?
> > Would anyone else be interested in this?
>
> They cant as BT wont allow it for Residential. Not sure what checks if any BT make to confirm it is for a Business, but no chance for us home users.

I wonder how much business they will lose to NTL before they realise that home customers want it aswell as businesses ??

Bill
N/A

Felter:

Ever heard of removing the post from the person above to save us scrolling down the whole message, just to see a one-liner.

Thanks

Dave Allan
thePhoolish
Grafter

>>Not this again, does any1 know how to do a forum search.

...just making the point again, as my cable friends have the option to upgrade.
If enough people make a case, they'll have to allow bigger 'home user' pipes.

fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Chaps,

A couple of things for you:

1. Industry rumour is that BT will be launching a 1MB ADSL product in the Summer. I have no further details at this time, but it is likely to be pitched in direct competition to the Cable companies. I can assure you that as soon as BT make a product like this available we will be among the first to offer it (And upgrade our own accounts!)

2. There is nothing stopping you from signing up for the 2MB DSL service from a residential premise, obviously cost here is the limiting factor (£110 + VAT a month).

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> Hi Chaps,
>
> A couple of things for you:
>
> 1. Industry rumour is that BT will be launching a 1MB ADSL product in the Summer. I have no further details at this time, but it is likely to be pitched in direct competition to the Cable companies. I can assure you that as soon as BT make a product like this available we will be among the first to offer it (And upgrade our own accounts!)
>
> 2. There is nothing stopping you from signing up for the 2MB DSL service from a residential premise, obviously cost here is the limiting factor (£110 + VAT a month).
>
> With Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> PlusNet Customer Support
>
>

So BT don't make a check that it is for business use when it's being installed?

Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
bhau
Grafter

>
> So BT don't make a check that it is for business use when it's being installed?
>
>

Nope, as long as you pay for it, they don't care what you do with it ...

Bill
N/A

"2. There is nothing stopping you from signing up for the 2MB DSL service from a residential premise, obviously cost here is the limiting factor (£110 + VAT a month)."

Oooooo, I'll have 2 please Smiley

Seriously, lets hope something does happen in the summer