cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1M upgrade today

N/A

1M upgrade today

As per my request, my connection has been upgraded from 512K to 1M overnight, at least my modem now reports connection at 1152kbps rather than 576kpbs.

However, everything still seems to be happening at 512K as far as speed is concerned (e.g. downloads still at 60KB/s).

Do Plusnet themselves need to configure anything at their end to enable the speed increase over and above what BT have already done? I note that my account details still show me as being on 512K as well.

Richard.
4 REPLIES
N/A

1M upgrade today

PlusNet don't need to do anything there side, other than change the account billing over to the new tarrif.

What sites are you using for testing?
N/A

1M upgrade today

Same thing here - the connection on the modem and in network connection on Win XP is showing as 1mb but I am still on 512kb speeds when I run the speed test and during downloads. I susupect I have not really been upgraded by BT yet as I have had no confirmation ticket from PN - would be nice to know what is going on though ! Anyone else noticing this activity during upgrade ?
Richchad
Grafter

1M upgrade today

My upgrade from 512k to 1Mb was due today, however since 8.30 this morning no broadband connection, just get error messages when i try to connect modem.
I guess this must be BT, although thought it would be done overnight and will take about 20 minutes.
Have logged a call with PN, no reply yet.
Having to log on via dial up at 56K....!
Community Veteran

1M upgrade today

Looks like you have suffered the same fate as many other regraders. BT disconnected you at 512k but did not reconnect you at 1Mb.

See Systems failure hits BT broadband upgrades and PlusNets ADSL service status or announcements forum here for details.

It's a BT propblem so PlusNet can't do much about it at the moment.