cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

19 Days and still no news !

N/A

Come on PLus Net. i thought you were great for the first cpuple of days and then it jsut dragged down. Cant you tell me any more info, like if BT have checked my line or anything ? It would be nice to get a few updates. I need to know very soon. Hopefully i will have it on 21 Days (31st March) If not i shall be VERY UNHAPPY !
How come i can get ADSL on most people's ADSL Checker but not Tisscallis who i understand also do Plus Net's 150, 200, 250 DSL Connect Service.

Please some one help me with this, It getting on my NERVES !
I cant stand Dial Up ANY MORE !
Evil
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If you want an update on an existing problem for which you have raised a contact us ticket I suggest you ring the support phone number or ask for an update via your ticket. They are the 2 correct and prefered methods of contacting support as the message board is not always monitored.

As I and probably others here have no idea what you are talking about we can't really help.
N/A

1. I have allready rung the surrport line and raised a ticket a few days ago and they have sed nuthing bassically.

2. I will explain again.
On the ADSL Phone Number checker - to check that you can get ADSL broadbnad it will either tell you if you can get it on your line or not. Plus Net say i can get it and so do many other companies. Its just Tisscali who i understand help Plus Net with there DSL Connect packages. I was wondering why this might be. I know im close enough to the exchange. And know i could get 512/256 as i my mate has it and bassically next door to me. So why do Tisscalli not except me for 256/256 i thought it would of been even more likley to be able to get it as it is only sendin half the download speeds through.
Community Veteran

DSL connect and ADSL 512K are two completely separate products using different networks: ADSL 512K is a IPSTREAM product and DSL connect is a DATASTREAM product. BT Wholesale supply standard ADSL 512K IPSTREAM but only Tiscali supply DSL connect DATASTREAM because it uses some of Tiscali's network for the product.

So it is possible for you to have IPSTREAM 512K from BTW but not DSL connect DATASTREAM from Tiscali if your local exchange or Tiscali does not support a DATASTREAM connection.

If you have already been told DSL connect is not available then there is nothing we or PlusNet can do to help with this. If Tiscali say you cannot have it, you cannot have it as they are the only ones who can supply it. You then need to see if ADSL 512k is available instead by going through the normal sign-up screen for the product you want..
N/A

Well my mate who lives further from the exchange is curently on Tisscallis 150 Package. This is really starting to bug me. I may go with Freedom 2 Serve or one of your packages if i cant get 256/256. I just liked the 256 coz i may need to cancel the connection and £100 seems a bomb !
Thats like 4 - 5 months worth of ADSL !
Community Veteran

A houses location has no bearing on whether DSL connect is available or not. While your mate's house may appear to be further away in distance, the route his phone wire takes may actually mean he has a shorter distance to the exchange. Or your wiring may take a totally different and longer route meaning ADSL is not available because your cable length is too long.

Remember, the Tiscali and BT ADSL/DSL checkers are guides. Only a physical line test will determin if you can have the product you sighed up for. This will be the same for ANY OTHER ISP as they all go through Tiscali (DSL connect) or BT (ADSL 512k) to get a service. Under BTs phone checker I cannot get ADSL yet I have had it for over 2 years.

As I don't know the history of this request or what you have been told that is all I can offer.
N/A

Well he def on a further away loop than me coz he on the schools one and they cant get 512 connection so they got Satellite 2mb.
Ohwell im just gnna have to get 512