cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 Days since upgrade, somebody, anybody, ??????

keithcalder
Grafter

Well thats me now on day 18 and yes you guessed correctly, my connection is still all over the place. Could it be that BT's bras are broken? Maybe a large pink elephant is now running the hardware in the exchange, or could it simply be that the software is simply not working properly.

My router still loses sync and has never been as fast as it was in the first few days of max and I was thinking it may finally stabalise by now, but alas NO!!!!

Its currently synced at around 3700kbps and downloading at just above 2MB and I find myself wondering why nobody at Plusnet can offer an explanation as to whats happening.

Any takers?

Keith
13 REPLIES
N/A

Day 11 for me, and I have similar problems I guess. Downstream is alllll over the place, 1mb-6mb, and all in between, constantly. I keep getting disconnected also. I'm really tired of this sh*t .
However, the upstream is always good, for some reason, which is something.
N/A

Same for me!!

I got... downgraded on the 9th and I have had nothing but bother since... connection down to 52 at some times and never going above 3000 and regular drops.

I asked plus to look into it and got told the usual.. wait 10 days and see what happens.. I ave done and after getting very very pi**ed of today trying to book a holiday on 139Kbs connection and constant time outs, I decided to let rip at them as I'm sick of being polite!!

Anyway, I got an email back of them, see below:

Please try the test at least 3 times at 30 minute intervals to prove the results are consistent. As per BT's instructions at least one of these tests should be performed between the hours of midnight and 7am to avoid the possibility of contention at your exchange being the cause of the problem. If the fault cannot be proven to be evident outside peak hours (When contention can be an issue), BT are unlikely to accept the fault.

You should also check the following:

1. That your system has been scanned for viruses - ensure your software has the latest definitions and try an online scan at http://housecall.antivirus.com

2. That you have tested the connection when plugged directly into your master phone socket and all other telephony devices are detached ie nothing else is connected to the phone circuit. You must also test with an alternative microfilter. This is very important and failure to perform these tests may result in abortive BT callout charges. Let us know if the speed is equally slow in this instance.

3. Can/have you tested an alternate modem/router or have you tested your equipment at another ADSL enabled location?

4. Please also ensure you have checked for trojans and spyware on your system (or any other PCs connected to your network if there are any) to ensure that these are not causing any additional traffic which may be slowing your system down.

5. If you are running a wireless network, ensure it is secured from external access so that no one else can use your connection. Please ensure you test the speed when hardwired to the router.

6. Please ensure that you've tested the connection with all firewalls lowered to see if this helps.

7. Also, please ensure that your hardware is uninstalled and reinstalled if a USB/PCI modem, or reset to firmware defaults and reconfigured if a router.

We can then run line tests, and if the test results show lower than acceptable we can pass the fault to BT.

I have seen some comments on this forum about the same thing, some have replys from plus saying they will look into it... I haven't had any of that, just an email saying check this that and the other and I've had enough.

Sorry to rant, but when you pay a lot of money for a service, you expect to get it.
sophos9
Grafter

I got regraded on the 19th and my router still indicates an 8mb connection however upstream and downstream traffic is still exactly the same as 2mb....?

No disconnects tho...

Anybody share the same?
N/A

yep very very similar, upgraded on 13th April, still @ 2mb... BT speed tests around 5mbs, getting to the point i couldn't care what speed it is any more, got an on going ticket as long as the M1 and getting nowhere
sophos9
Grafter

So what you are saying is, outside of the plusnet network you are realising your maxdsl download speed so the issue lies within the plusnet network?

How do you test via BT?
N/A

I have been using this to speed test - as it seems the most accurate:
http://monitoring.4projects.com/myspeed/index.html

Also can you guys check your modulation is set to "G.dmt" (broadband router/modem settings).
sophos9
Grafter

Sure, the speed test indicates my 8mb connection has the upstream/downstream of a 2mb (which I was on before MaxDSL upgrade)

What I'm after is the BT test that allows you to test connection speed outside of plusnet, you can thensee if the problem is with BT profiling or a plusnet problem

Does anyone know the dsl BT username and test page location?
SiMania
Grafter

I got regraded on the 19th and my router still indicates an 8mb connection however upstream and downstream traffic is still exactly the same as 2mb....?

No disconnects tho...

Anybody share the same?

Yup, exact same problem, same dates and figures.
N/A

Sure, the speed test indicates my 8mb connection has the upstream/downstream of a 2mb (which I was on before MaxDSL upgrade)

What I'm after is the BT test that allows you to test connection speed outside of plusnet, you can thensee if the problem is with BT profiling or a plusnet problem

Does anyone know the dsl BT username and test page location?

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27
N/A

Day 12 for me - finally the BRAS has updated to match my 4mbp synch speed...BUT I am still getting intermittant synch drops every hour or so. My line was rock solid before MaxDSL
sophos9
Grafter

I just got a support email back saying "sorry but your line must only be capable of 2mb"

Oh dear oh dear.... :roll:
N/A

me too it has been 13days and still running at 1mbps also getting disconnected frequently getting rather fed up with this, wish they had left the connection alone.
N/A

I haven't even been regraded yet!

Waiting patiently though...