cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17 weeks and still the problem is not sorted

Pheasantplucker
Grafter

17 weeks, 6 BT engineer visits and 50 yards of telephone cable changed and the problem still hasn't been found. or fixed.
I think that BT have given up on me and PN. Lately PN had to ask 3 times to have the SNR lowered. Now they have asked for the 10 day re training period to be started again but this has been ignored for over a week. PN have not asked again but just just passing the fault back to BT, who incedently..........jup you guessed it.....will want to send an engineer out..................AGAIN!!!.

Come on PN, chase up BT. Surely 17 weeks is long enoughHuh?Huh
15 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Just looking at this now. Seems like a terrible, terrible experience. I can see that we've been pushing BT quite a bit on this, but the same thing just keeps on reoccuring.

One of our faults guys has pushed this back to BT Wholesale this morning. I'm going to see about escalating this.
Pheasantplucker
Grafter

Thanks

Thanks Imartin,
I'm in no way blaming Plusnet. You guys have been patient and really helpful in trying to resolve this.
It's just that after 17 weeks I think the actual problem with the line seems to have been forgotton about.
I would really appreciate it if someone could escalate this with BT and get them to do something. A couple of their engineers suggested that WTw should install some gear on my line and see what happens to it over a week or so, but once again this was completely ignored.

Just another idea, but not related..............
Wouldn't it be GREAT if PN could add "instant messenging" to it's fault system. This would cut down waiting times on faults for both PN and it;s customers.

Richard
Liam
Grafter

Right then, been looking into this with one of our Senior Faults guys.

BT Wholesale don't seem to be making any progress with this. They've rejected the fault again, saying it is 'clear' when your current sync speed is clearly lower than it should be and has been.

We've rejected their 'clear' and sent it back to them, the next step is they will probably want to send yet another engineer. At that point, we have an escalation path to try and get some movement on it.

I've assigned your fault ticket to Matt, and he is going to monitor the fault and escalate when he can.

I do apologise for this rigmarole - I promise you we are doing everything we can at this end to get this sorted for ya.

Cheers.
Pheasantplucker
Grafter

Yet another BT engineer visit???

Hi Liam.
Thanks for trying to gee this up again.
You say there is a "low threshold breach". I told the last 2 BT engineers this when they as what the fault was..........ha, yes.....they didn't even understand what a low threshold breach was........

Maybe i should apply for a BT engineerrs job, just pop along to the customers house, plug in your laptop, and tell the customer that everything is fine and there is not a fault.... go home in the evening knowing that you havn't helped a single person that day..........hey!! what a job eh.

Richard
Pheasantplucker
Grafter

Am I getting Synical (if thats how it's spelt?) in my old ageHuh?
Liam
Grafter

During the first 10 days (the training period) BT's systems calculate a 'Fault Threshold Rate' for your line. Your Fault Threshold Rate is 80% of your Maximum Stable Rate as determined by during the test period.

It basically means that if your sync speed goes below this 'Fault Threshold Rate', then we can raise a fault with BT on the basis of a 'Low Threshold Breach'... i.e. sync speed below FTR.

If that makes sense?

So, for BTw to reject a LTB fault when the line is currently synching under the FTW (as shown by their own systems / diagnostics) it's a little frustrating!
Pheasantplucker
Grafter

As I mentioned before, You guys did ask BT to re start the training period but they decided to ignore this and returned it back to PN as "clear".
Hopefully now that someone is back on the case something will get done about it this time.

As a matter of interest, I can get the upstream connection rate up to around 4700kbps by disconnecting the line from the router to the master phone socket then re connecting it. But this only lasts overnight as it then loses sync a lot of times and the my speed goes back down to 1800.
Which, by the way, is what the initial fault was some 17 weeks ago.

Going greyer by the day
Richard
Pheasantplucker
Grafter

48 hours on

Is there anbody out thereHuh?
48 hours on and still no reply to my posts even though PN agree that there is a fault and tell me that they have referred it back to BT........again.......so where is the engineer? Or why no reply from PN.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

I've asked one of the faults guys to chase BT on this for you, it looks like the have sent it back as 'clear' again this morning.
Hopefully he'll be able to get some success out of them.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Pheasantplucker
Grafter

I have the feeling that BT are really pi***d of with this fault as they seem unable to find a remidy. Continually sending back to you guys as "clear" is obviously a pretty terrible way to conduct a business.
It must also be around 4 days when PN asked for the 10 day training period to be re started..........and yet again........this was ignored.
Hasn't someone at PN got some "clout" with BT and actually get them to sort this out.
Richard
Pheasantplucker
Grafter

If BT have cleared this again, will it be of any help if I disconnect then reconnect the router from the phone line thus increasing downstream speed from 1800 to around 4700, although this will only last overnight again before it drops back to 1800 again?Huh
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

This has been escalated to BT's SFI team, they are going to look for patterns emerging by checking the other circuits connected to the same line card in the exchange.

We'll get to the bottom of this for you one way or another.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Pheasantplucker
Grafter

Chris, Please take a look at the post above your last one here about me disconnecting and re connecting again.
Please let me know what you think is appropriate.
Thanks
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

TBH I don't think it should make a difference, we can see that your line profile has been up around 3500 in the past and that it has now dropped to 1500 and even been as low as 500.
So if we can see this, the theory is that BT can see it too.
I'll keep an eye out for updates on your ticket and let you know if anything comes to light.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team