Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

16mbps via satellite

N/A

16mbps via satellite

I used to be the admin of the support site for a reseller of eurosky, satdrive

http://www.satdriveusers.co.uk/

When i first used I got constant download speeds of 500k/s or so, it was great, peaked around 1.2Mb/s

However after about a year of it being online and users began to get high they imposed a "fair usage" this was... use under about 100Mb a month you get your 16Mbps if you use more you are blacklisted to about 1Mbps, however use more than about a 1Gb a month and you got dialup speeds.

I haven't used it for over a year now as my exchange was finally upgraded...but you might want to tell your brother that unless he wants 100Mb of files at 2Mb/s and then the rest of the month at 2.4K/s i'd leave it.

Check out the site though, don't take my word for it.

hi i was on there from the start.wat was ur forum name...mine was jsuwell.....
11 REPLIES
N/A

16mbps via satellite

My bro come across this. You have to have a internet connection to start with

http://www.euroskynet.com//?tpl=page/home

Looks rubbish but my bro wont stop going on about it

what do you think
N/A

16mbps via satellite

I remember there being a mod u could do to Sky dishes not so long ago. It invalidated yer warranty but gave access at fast down speeds to a satelite set-up. You needed a dial up or other internet connection active for the upstream though. A reasonable idea in a remote area where ADSL isn't; you can then share out amongst your neighbours via wireless and split the cost I guess.

I did also read that the contention is good atm; however the more people get on the more jammed it'll get and they didn't used to say that there was a maximum contention like the 50:1 we have/had on ADSL.
Midville
Grafter

16mbps via satellite

I did have 1 way sat, it wasnt bad at all. At peak times the transfer rate was poor, at one stage we were limited to 750mb per day transfer...... Sad it did spike at silly speeds during the night.
N/A

16mbps via satellite

I guess it really depends on what you want to use your connection for, but I thought satellite was dependant on a dial-up connection as well.
Midville
Grafter

16mbps via satellite

Yes GB for 1 way it does require a land line based connection this is where it becomes very laggy, where as 2 way can up/down load via a dish.
N/A

16mbps via satellite

where as 2 way can up/down load via a dish.

I thought initial there only was the one way with this type of BB, but if you can use the dish for all, I'm guessing this would be even more expensive, and you'd need a decent sized dish on your house.
N/A

16mbps via satellite

Yeah you need at least a 60cm dish. It works out 2 be 41 quid a month. They mailed me back to say this service is rubbish for games as pings get as high as 500. So i wont bother
N/A

16mbps via satellite

I had heard it wasn't really for gamers due to the high latency. However it's not bad for those still cannot get BB yet.
Midville
Grafter

16mbps via satellite

Yes your spot on GB, very high latency.
N/A

16mbps via satellite

I used to be the admin of the support site for a reseller of eurosky, satdrive

http://www.satdriveusers.co.uk/

When i first used I got constant download speeds of 500k/s or so, it was great, peaked around 1.2Mb/s

However after about a year of it being online and users began to get high they imposed a "fair usage" this was... use under about 100Mb a month you get your 16Mbps if you use more you are blacklisted to about 1Mbps, however use more than about a 1Gb a month and you got dialup speeds.

I haven't used it for over a year now as my exchange was finally upgraded...but you might want to tell your brother that unless he wants 100Mb of files at 2Mb/s and then the rest of the month at 2.4K/s i'd leave it.

Check out the site though, don't take my word for it.
N/A

16mbps via satellite

I think this idea has flown bye now after a long read through. I just hope they upgrade our exchange soon. Cant share the net we 2mb not big enough