cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 days high sync speed low d'load p'net washed their hands

Community Veteran

I was maxed on the 3rd may My line has settled to sync at 7000kps my speeds are not really changing. I have spoken to plusnet support who confirmed that witha stable connection at 7000kps I should get higher speeds than 2.5 to 3.5mbps

Plusnet have accepted my request and changed settings on my account. I supplied plusnet with various speed tests bt and Plusnet tests as requested and they have looked at it a few times.

today I recieved the following ticket reply;

Dear Mr McClean,
All the speed tests that have been provided here are greater than the 400k lower limit that BT have set for this product.

Unfortunately the speed at which your hardware syncs at and the download speeds you receive are not directed related with MAX and as you have seen speeds over 2mb this confirms that the service is working correctly.

Regards,

From plusnets own addmition my line should probably be performing better.
As this ticket is on going I tried calling support to speak to someone one last time and was told to call later and cut off.

I'm really starting to get annoyed.

COuld Jon or someone please advise if as tech support assured me i should be getting higer downloadspeeds. I'm 14days in to being max'd. Some of my speeds are below 900kbps on plusnet tester.

If anyone else can advise as well I'd appreciate the advice.

cheers

A
4 REPLIES
keithcalder
Grafter

Have you tried running winmtr to see if you are getting any packet loss? I 've had a few problems this week and only today after 7 days of moaning have Plusnet actually seen there is a fault.

Just an idea. Smiley
Community Veteran

wimmtr is that run from the command line?

Cheers

A
N/A

Re: 14 days high sync speed low d'load p'net washed their ha

I was maxed on the 3rd may My line has settled to sync at 7000kps my speeds are not really changing. I have spoken to plusnet support who confirmed that witha stable connection at 7000kps I should get higher speeds than 2.5 to 3.5mbps

Plusnet have accepted my request and changed settings on my account. I supplied plusnet with various speed tests bt and Plusnet tests as requested and they have looked at it a few times.

today I recieved the following ticket reply;

Dear Mr McClean,
All the speed tests that have been provided here are greater than the 400k lower limit that BT have set for this product.

Unfortunately the speed at which your hardware syncs at and the download speeds you receive are not directed related with MAX and as you have seen speeds over 2mb this confirms that the service is working correctly.

Regards,

From plusnets own addmition my line should probably be performing better.
As this ticket is on going I tried calling support to speak to someone one last time and was told to call later and cut off.

I'm really starting to get annoyed.

COuld Jon or someone please advise if as tech support assured me i should be getting higer downloadspeeds. I'm 14days in to being max'd. Some of my speeds are below 900kbps on plusnet tester.

If anyone else can advise as well I'd appreciate the advice.

cheers

A

Yeahhh, I had one of those automated responses to my ticket regarding speed also...... They are just brushing us under the carpet...
keithcalder
Grafter

No, download winmtr from here: http://winmtr.sourceforge.net/ its free. Smiley