cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£14.99 2mb?

N/A

£14.99 2mb?

Just noticed theres a 2mb connection for £14.99/month and I didn't see anything about caps.

Is this true? I'm paying £18.99 for Home Surf at 512kb, is this £14.99/month 2mb not capped? or limited in any way? Could I also switch to it? Doesn't make sense to me that its much cheaper and faster...

Plusnet Product Page

Thanks

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Truncated long link as it was stretching page width.]
5 REPLIES
N/A

£14.99 2mb?

Hi

It's not capped or limited, but is subject to traffic shaping. Basically at busy times PlusNet will slow down P2P and Usenet traffic to allow websurfing and e-mail more bandwidth.

To change from your package would be classed as a downgrade as the monthly fee is less, so it would cost £14.99.

You would also then need to either pay another £14.99 to regrade to a 2mb line, or wait for the free regrade when BT get around to it...

I'm on Broadband Plus and it's great value for money!

Steve
LiamM
Grafter

£14.99 2mb?

Which is better than your current product where you can't use P2P at all.

In my opinion, if you don't want P2P, Binary Newsgroups or heavy downloading, Broadband Plus is a superb option.
N/A

£14.99 2mb?

Oh thats not for me then, i average 20-50gb/month

I would like p2p to find little things I just can't find anywhere else, but im better off controlling friends PC for that than paying more.

This 2MB Broadband plus, when p2p and downloading is limited for browsing and email, what kind of speed does it go down to? If it doesn't go below a 512k connection, wether its gaming or downloading, I may consider it. But if it does, and with me playing online games a lot and recently ordering Guild Wars and sometimes hosting game servers, may be a problem.
N/A

£14.99 2mb?

i am on broadband plus and download about 20GB+ a month, online gaming is flawless, always quick ping rates, downloading during the day is full speed, p2p is capped at 20KB roughly between 6am and midnight, at all other times its full speed. i'd definitely recommend plus.net to anyone
N/A

£14.99 2mb?

Id just get the 14.99 a month deal. Well worth it