cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1000ms Response Time

N/A

1000ms Response Time

Hi,

I'm trying to get my folks set up with ADSL. Their wireless network has been a pain, but I think I'm almost there with that. I've now noticed that they get incredibley high response times when pinging websites or hosts on the Internet. This isn't down to the wireless as I currently have my laptop connected via CAT5 and I'm seeing the same problems. The speed test is only showing about 150kbps atm, maybe there's a problem on the PN network?

Can an MTU of 1454 cause this?

TIA

Klaus
3 REPLIES
N/A

1000ms Response Time

Have you checked all your wiring with the guides in the tutorials? Have you checked your exchange status? is everything filtered?

An MTU of 1454 might cause a slightly slower connection but not to the degree that your highlighting I would have thought.

Aaron
N/A

1000ms Response Time

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

The network is wired okay. The only two phone sockets in the house have filters on them. Not sure about the exchange, how would I check that? I would have thought they're on the same exchange as me, as they've moved quite close. My ADSL is fine, although I'm with a different provider...

Thanks again,

Klaus
N/A

1000ms Response Time

You can check your exchange status, via the user tools site.

Have you tried a wired connection, to rule out any issues with your local network?

Aaron