Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 dsl line, 2 wan IP's, 2 networks

N/A

Hi,
Is this do-able?
Have 1 2Mbit adsl line and a block of 4 IP's (2 usable)
Adsl goes to this router and is assigned one of the wan IP's (say 1.2.3.4), have the internal IP of this router set as 10.0.0.1 and connect up network #1 to it set all their default gateways to 10.0.0.1, then all traffic to and from network #1 will appear as 1.2.3.4.
Then:
Connect this router to the above router and assign it the second public IP of 4.3.2.1 (using one-to-one nat on the first router to), and the internal IP of 192.169.1.1, then hook up network #2 to this router so all traffic to and from network #2 appears as 4.3.2.1.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES
N/A

yea it should be possilbe with that setup, but have you thought of gettin a single more expensive router that will be able to do it a lot easier, such as a cisco 837, which will cost a little more but will be a very easy way to do this.

buz
N/A

Yeah I thought about cisco (I was going to swap one of the adsl WIC's in the 1721 we already have (ready for when plus offer bonded dsl)), but only wanted a small cheap solution untill then, and the 2 seperate boxes will allow me to easily setup specific firewall rules for the 2 networks (and physically disconnect one if I feel BOFHish :twisted:). Smiley