cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 and 2 mbit connections

N/A

1 and 2 mbit connections

no-frills ADSL are providing 1 & 2 mbit connections for £30 & £40 for home users, i think its time for plusnet to offer the same, see adslguide.org
--
......................./??/
....................,/?../
.................../..../
............./??/'...'/Huh`??
........../'/.../..../......./??
........('(...?...?.... ?~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.??
..........................(
NE & 3VRY 1 :naughty:
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 1 and 2 mbit connections

Hi,

We are currently looking at the best way to deliver higher speed connections to our customers. The recent offers from a couple of ISPs are based on BT Datastream, which is a slightly different technology to a normal (Ipstream) ADSL connection. While Datastream has been about for a while, the price of this is coming down thanks to an increased number of Telcos / OLO (Other licensed operators) who are able to provide the required additonal infrastructure for this technology.

There are a number of business and technological problems that the early adopters of Datastream still need to overcome, but there is no doubt that higher speed broadband offerings are on their way. As it stands, if you are considering a Datastream based product I would personally recommend you looked carefully at the contention ratios available as these are likely to be of much more significance on Datastream than they are on IPstream. At this stage all I can say is that we understand the demand for higher speed products and we are working towards delivering a product that is both sustainable for us and offers good value to our customers.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

RE: 1 and 2 mbit connections

hi i got 40quid to spend a month for 1meg Smiley

i am currently on plusnet 512k

come on plusnet i have loved being a customer an will carry on being a customer even if you cannot supply 1 meg

but it would make my day if you could even 2meg whoooossssshhhhh

cheers m8

plusnet keep up the good service

as sometimes the adsl loses conections but when it works it works good
and when its not on its not on for long

thanks again
chrisSmiley loyal plusnet customer Smiley