cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 & 2 mbit connections

N/A

1 & 2 mbit connections

Any news on the time scale when this is going to be available plusnet. Just thought I'd ask being that I haven't for a couple of weeks.
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 1 & 2 mbit connections

> Any news on the time scale when this is going to be available plusnet. Just thought I'd ask being that I haven't for a couple of weeks.

Here Here, I have said before on here i was going to wait a while to see how this pans out, But i dont think im going to wait much longer than another month before i consider moving to another provider to obtain the higher speed services. Come on plusnet time to catch up before you get left behind!

N/A

If you check over at ISPReview regarding BT prepping 1MB DSL domestic for the Autumn.

So i suspect +Net will be around the same time as BT since +Net is just repackaging a BT product.

Ali
N/A

> If you check over at ISPReview regarding BT prepping 1MB DSL domestic for the Autumn.
>
> So i suspect +Net will be around the same time as BT since +Net is just repackaging a BT product.
>
>
> Ali
>

This is not good news! this is only a 1mbit line for start and secound its going to be ages.
N/A

> > If you check over at ISPReview regarding BT prepping 1MB DSL domestic for the Autumn.
> >
> > So i suspect +Net will be around the same time as BT since +Net is just repackaging a BT product.
> >
> >
> > Ali
> >
>
> This is not good news! this is only a 1mbit line for start and secound its going to be ages.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/29932.html
N/A

> > > If you check over at ISPReview regarding BT prepping 1MB DSL domestic for the Autumn.
> > >
> > > So i suspect +Net will be around the same time as BT since +Net is just repackaging a BT product.
> > >
> > >
> > > Ali
> > >
> >
> > This is not good news! this is only a 1mbit line for start and secound its going to be ages.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/29932.html

Totally agree Chris...if we have to wait till the autum for a 1mbit we could be waiting a hell of a lot longer for the 2 and 4mbit, can't understand +nets slowness, the demand is there.
N/A

Hi Guys,

THe ISPs who recently announced 1MB and 2MB connections are also using a BT product called Datastream, as supposed to the 'normal' IPStream product.

While I cannot yet confirm any details, it is our intention to offer higher speed residential ADSL services much sooner than the IPStream equivelants become available.

We do understand the demand and are working with a number of potential suppliers in order to ensure we can offer our customers the most reliable and best value packages available.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

> Hi Guys,
>
> THe ISPs who recently announced 1MB and 2MB connections are also using a BT product called Datastream, as supposed to the 'normal' IPStream product.
>
> While I cannot yet confirm any details, it is our intention to offer higher speed residential ADSL services much sooner than the IPStream equivelants become available.
>
> We do understand the demand and are working with a number of potential suppliers in order to ensure we can offer our customers the most reliable and best value packages available.
>
> With Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> PlusNet Customer Support

Are you able to give any idea on timescale as I've already asked another company to check my line to see if I am able to resive their 2mbit connection, I really done want to leave plusnet but if they are unable to provide what I need then I will have to.

Thanks for any info.
N/A

Hi,

I would imagine that we would be looking at 6 - 8 weeks from today to build the additional product sets. It is dependant on too many things for me to commit to any timeframe right now, but things could move more quickly than that if things go well.

As soon as we can confirm the details we will make an announcement to our customers.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support