cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Anyone Else Getting Disconnections?

Community Veteran

Is Anyone Else Getting Disconnections?

I've always had a rock solid broadband connection, rarely getting disconneced from the Internet. Often my router will stay connected for months at a time. Lately however I have been getting disconnected about every 5 days - the latest example of this has happened today.
Note that by disconnected I mean that the 3rd light on my router, a BT Voyager 210, goes out (the one that signifies that I'm connected to PlusNet). I'm not loosing sync (at lease as far as I know) because the second router light remains lit.
I'm not sure if this exactly coincides with me being put on the Aladdin trail but it seems coincidental that it's been fine for ages and I'm having problems now.
Is anyone else having similar problems? Could someone at PlusNet do some digging to see if the problem is related to Aladdin.
Thanks - Bob

9 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

Re: Is Anyone Else Getting Disconnections?

I'm not aware of anyone on the trial reporting that problem before. I expect PlusNet's logs should show up what the system sees as the reason for your disconnections.
Could you post the approximate disconnection time(s) (e.g. working back from the up-time on the router status page for the present one) to help support locate the relevant log record(s)?
The staff providing trial support work days only, but should pick this up in the morning.
David
David
Community Veteran

I'm away from home at the moment but I think that the connection dropped some time between midnight on Tuesday Night and 07:00 on Wednesday morning.
Bob
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

I've been on the trial for some time now and though I do suffer frequent disconnects, I cannot honestly attribute them to the trial.
Maurice
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Hi Bob,
I've had a look through your connection logs and can't see any disconnects really. Your last session ended yesterday morning and had lasted for over 6 days before that.
06:25 11/Jun/2008 6 Days, 1:11:55
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Superuser
Superuser

@Chris
The event you described and the timescales between disconnection tie in with what Bob said in his original post (he said 5 days).
I think the point is that disconnection was not (knowingly at least) due to an action that he took, and as far as he is aware his router did not lose sync.
Do the connection logs give a clue as to what caused the disconnection?
David
David
timbola

Just a quick note to say that I have not noticed anything untoward so far.  I do not suffer from disconnections, other than on extremely rare occasions, and since the trial began I have not seen any change.  I use a laptop at home, plus my boys have a home PC and my wife an iBook Pro.  None of the 3 of them have noticed any problems either.  So far, a big thumbs up !  Smiley
Community Veteran

Quote from: spraxyt
@Chris
The event you described and the timescales between disconnection tie in with what Bob said in his original post (he said 5 days).
I think the point is that disconnection was not (knowingly at least) due to an action that he took, and as far as he is aware his router did not lose sync.
Do the connection logs give a clue as to what caused the disconnection?
David

Spot on David, I was disconnected sometime on Tuesday night (early Wednesday morning) for no apparent reason and this seems to be happening about every 5 days. Previously I'd often remain connected for months on end with no problems.
Chris, are there any clues in the logs as to why I was disconnected on the 11th?
Bob
Community Veteran

I just thought I'd post an update on this to close it off.
Since I originally posted I've not had any further instances of unexplained disconnections. So it looks like whatever it was has gone away.
Bob
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks for the update, hopefully whatever the problem was it has gone away for good.
David
David