Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you completed the new survey?

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

Have you completed the new survey?

In his Aladdin Trial Update, New Survey and the Plan post, which is pinned as first topic in this forum, Ian Wild provided a progress update on the trial. He also presented Plusnet's thoughts on the way forward to launching Aladdin as a web based parental control and security product.
Rather than trying to précis his post I would encourage users to read it for themselves at the location linked and mentioned in the previous paragraph. However it is worth drawing attention to the feedback survey we are asked to complete which can be found at the link below.
New Trial Survey link - http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB2285ALPY23T
Please ensure you do complete this survey, it is straightforward and takes only 10 minutes.

It has been established that eSafe Agent is needed to make the Aladdin system suitable for home use. Whilst I was able to report last month on a demonstration of an alpha version of this, feedback on my report suggests wider functionality (OS and browser independence) is seen as essential.
Ian sought our views on whether Plusnet should continue to run the trial in its current state, whilst the Agent with this wider functionality is being developed, or end the trial now and make a presumption that the Agent will do what is promised once it's live. Having had the benefit of the demonstration I'm fairly confident it should live up to its promise and I think ending the trial now is appropriate. Doing that will allow Plusnet to focus on building a production platform and ironing out the architecture requirements, rather than spending time and resources on supporting the trial platform further.
Does anyone take a different view?
Comments on any aspects of the trial are very welcome, in this topic or in Ian's. Are you happy with the way the trial was conducted, and this forum moderated? Have any aspects of the information presented been particularly helpful? And has active participation from Aladdin themselves been useful?
David
David
1 REPLY
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

Re: Have you completed the new survey?

Well trialists haven't had a lot to say in response to this post.  Roll eyes
Everyone should have a ticket from Plusnet on their account accompanied by an email to advise that the trial will end next Tuesday, 2nd September.
Thanks to all participants in this forum, including Aladdin themselves. Please ensure you do complete the survey (link in the previous post).
Kind regards
David
David