Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment on Effect of Aladdin Presence

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

The presence of Aladdin appears to be transparent when I don't try to provoke it. Smiley
As far as effects; my perception is that Aladdin has no effect on pings (to ntp.plus.net, bbc.co.uk and dslreports.com). However download speeds (mybroadbandspeed and TBB) seem about 100kbps slower. That's from a small sample of tests done at consistent times, I'll collect more in time.
David
David
1 REPLY
aladdin
Grafter

Most of speed test websites http://www.abeltronica.com/velocimetro does not represent the actual user browsing experience.  They are designed to check throughput without any security in the middle.  In many cases, such test pages use special formated HTML code, that does not present normal HTML usage . Obviously, eSafe introduces latency when checking this traffic.  The suggested solution is to simply place all those websites in "Trusted List", so that eSafe will not inspect the content of the downloaded test pages.  See example:
[ftp=ftp://aladdin.netvision.net.il/pub/tal/speedtest.gif]ftp://aladdin.netvision.net.il/pub/tal/speedtest.gif[/ftp]
Tal Kushnirsky
Aladdin