Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aladdin Trial Update, New Survey and the Plan

Ianwild
Grafter

Aladdin Trial Update, New Survey and the Plan

Hi Guys,
It's much later than I had planned, but I wanted to post an update to tell you all where we are with the Aladdin trial, what our next steps are, and also to properly offer my thanks to everyone who has helped us with their feedback and testing so far.
We've been running the Aladdin trial for a fair few months now. During that time we’ve been working behind the scenes to learn about the technology and how it performs, and with your help the experience of using the product. The process has taken longer than we first envisaged, but I believe we've now pretty much met the trial criteria we originally set out, and I think we've got a good grasp on what is needed before we can launch the product fully.
At the forefront of those requirements, I think, is the need for the Aladdin Agent which David posted about last week to be available. We're happy that with this feature, and a couple of the other technical glitches ironed out, the Aladdin product is one we could offer successfully. We still have some work to do on the pricing and other commercial aspects, but all in all we are happy with progress to date and looking forward to the prospect of offering a web based parental control and security product.
The question remaining now is whether we should continue to run the trial in it's current state, whilst the Agent is still being developed, or end the trial now and make a presumption that the agent will do what is promised once it's live. Doing the latter would mean we can focus our energies on the next steps in terms of building a production platform and ironing out the architecture requirements, rather than needing to spend time and resources on supporting the trial platform further. There are factors that make it more attractive to both us and Aladdin to close the trial at this stage rather than hanging on whilst we wait for the agent, especially as doing so would add a further delay to the final process of building the product. We still have that decision to make though and feedback is certainly welcome from trial participants. 
In either case, as the trial nears an end we’d like to thank everyone who has helped both just through using the platform, and by providing their feedback. It’s time now for us to review all of that feedback in detail and make sure we've captured everything from you, along with the other data we've collected internally. Once done we can also decide how we want to proceed with regards to designing the details of the product we ultimately want to launch. What would be most helpful for us is if we could ask you all to fill in the trial feedback survey linked below. That will let us collate everything in one place and make an assessment over the next few weeks. Completing this should take no more than 10 to 15 minutes, and I would thank you all in advance for your time.

New Trial Survey link - http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB2285ALPY23T

I'd again like to thank everyone who has taken part in this trial to date and assure you that when the product is ready to launch we'll be offering some more solid thanks too (as in free stuff!). I’d also just like to take the opportunity to apologise to our Force9 and Free-online customers who, for technical reasons, haven’t been able to participate in this trial to date. I will make sure everyone who offered to help is provided with the same benefits as the Plusnet volunteers. Certainly the issue for F9 and Free-online customers will be fixed along with all of the other reported issues before we proceed with a full launch of the service. I will let you know in more detail when we expect that to be as soon as I can (Likely to be October / November but I can't confirm at this time).
Kind Regards,
Ian
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Re: Aladdin Trial Update, New Survey and the Plan

Thanks for taking part in the trial all, the feedback has been very helpful. I've popped a blog up about ending the trial phase. Once again, thanks for volunteering.
http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/09/01/safe-surfing-trial-update-and-next-steps/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Username
Grafter

Quote from: Ian
I will let you know in more detail when we expect that to be as soon as I can (Likely to be October / November but I can't confirm at this time).
Any additional news on this yet?
Username
Grafter

Quote from: Username
Quote from: Ian
I will let you know in more detail when we expect that to be as soon as I can (Likely to be October / November but I can't confirm at this time).
Any additional news on this yet?
ditto!