cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload files

SoulBriski
Grafter

Upload files

I'm sure you've told me already but i cannot find anywhere anything that tells me where to ftp my files to. Sad
All I want to do for now is ftp a simple index.htm file
4 REPLIES
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Re: Upload files

Hi
Is this in to your PAYH space?
If so you will need to use the following details:
server: ftp.domain name
user name: FTP user name
password: password that you set
To find out the user name and password for PAYH, please log in to your PAYH control panel. click home, click on to the domain name, click setup. From here you will be able to see FTP login and the fields to enter a new password.
Let me know if you have any further issues.
SoulBriski
Grafter

Thanks Kev
Yes, i was talking about PAYH.
I had the ftp.domain correct but i was using my PAYH account login not my FTP login Embarrassed Doh!
I just stuck a simple site under construction page up but i do have more questions which are relevent to my original post subject 'uploading files'
Quite a lot of directories have been created on the server and I would like to know a bit more about the structure.

• Why are there so many directories?

• Which of the directories should be left alone?

• Do I need to upload php files to the cgi-bin directory?

Thanks
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Hi
The main folder you will use is httpdocs, the cgi-bin folder will be for scripts such as form mail.
The httpdocs folder can use either normal html or php, so you dont need to split them like you do with your Plusnet space.
Let me know if you need anything else
SoulBriski
Grafter

Thanks again for your help Kev
I will write a separate post about this but so far I think what you are doing is a massive leap forward. Keep up the good work PN Techies Smiley
In the meantime...
I'm not an absolute novice but not far off so I really appreciate being invited to take part in this program.
I have been teaching myself php for the last 8 months and a lot of what is being said by others on this forum is way above my head but i think i am one of very, very many PN customers who are fumbling their way through web development as a hobby and possibly a side-line earner.
I feel that i can possibly add value to the forum as a novice because I suppose that you need to know that us newbies can use your platforms
Thanks