cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Expansion

Ianwild
Grafter

Trial Expansion

Next week I'm planning to announce a full scale trial / offering to Plusnet customers via the community site. The idea is that we'll let people create their new hosting accounts now and begin the process of migrating from CGI in earnest. I should have some more details then, and will put drafts of the announcement here for feedback here first. I was wondering though, in order to manage and support customers using the PAYH service do people agree that we should use the Web Hosting forum further up the board, rather than this one?
I'm happy to keep running a closed forum, but it strikes me that if the mission is to get people to start thinking about moving off CGI, it would be better to push all the traffic there. What do you think?
Ian
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Trial Expansion

That's fine with me.
I would still be keen for PUG to help moderate the discussion there, as it's very effective in keeping discussion on-track.
Other than that, initial feedback has been fairly promising but it's important to see if the Plesk system matches the requirements of the customer.  I've certainly had no real 'problem' using it.
B.
Community Veteran

I would suggest another group for general announcements but keep this one for a tech support type of group to gain feedback from the move and highlight problems. Some people wont understand what is happening but if the info is on this forum we can then help members without blinding them with science. 
Its like a help desk give users to much tech info and they go cross eyed it needs people to feed them the info they need only. I answer questions daily and it would help to hop onto a forum like this to get info from the horse mouth on some issues
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

I see the need for both forums to remain active for a while, but with some change and possible migration of content.
This forum reverts back to its original purpose of helping steer the direction that the final product will take.  As well as individual group member input, it should take some of the Key observations / criticisms / problems raised in other Forums and debate their merit before coming to an answer.
The Web Hosting forum should focus more on the day to day issues of existing PAYH and CCGI customers and be steadily moulded into the shape it needs to be to provide THE support Forum once the PAYH migration takes place.  I believe that a great deal of this Advanced Hosting forums could beneficially be moved to the Web Hosting Forum to give it a great headstart on what has already been achieved and the current known issues.  As Barry suggest, using PUG to help moderate the Forum is a sound idea to help with keeping the focus and shaping the structure.  Also a good opportunity to start using some of the material for the Customer Support pages.
My 2p
Maurice