cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plesk CP login on Safari

Word_Warrior
Grafter

Plesk CP login on Safari

Just discovered that I can't login to plesk control panel using the Apple Safari Browser v3.1.2 (latest) Everything works with firefox. I realise there are some issues with safari on Joomla regarding Java is the plesk front end similar?
Symptom:
type in username and password, page reverts back to login page and not indicating an error. if I type a wrong user or password it will indicate an error.
4 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

Re: Plesk CP login on Safari

If you check sessions from the (FF) Plesk control panel you can log into have you got a number of zombie (stale) sessions from the Safari login attempts? The problem you are experiencing might be due to a clash of cookies (PHPSESSID if I remember correctly). You could try deleting the PHPSESSID cookie from FF.
David
Word_Warrior
Grafter

I think you could be right, just logged in okay to a different plesk account on Safari without any problems. Will pursue further once a file upload is complete.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

It would be useful to check whether trying to log into two different plesk accounts simultaneously on the same computer and using the same browser (cookie directory) gives this problem. Just as long as you are prepared to sort the cookies out to restore access.
David
Word_Warrior
Grafter

I'll give that a try later, gotta do something more important at the moment. Will report back when I have time to.