cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeded Data Transfer

Word_Warrior
Grafter

Exceeded Data Transfer

I am currently receiving emails (almost daily) from PN warning me that my site may get archived for exceeding my data transfer allowance. While I believe some of the data transferred was down to the difficulties of getting my site to run which involved several FTP's of database info and site software (Joomla) but it is still increasing daily without much activity going on apart from minor updates and visitor hits (which I believe aren't included in the sums)
Is anyone else experiencing this. (Have PM'd Kev Mawson but assume he's away or something as I've not heard from him yet) It would not be good if the site went offline at the moment. There are somethings I want to add to my webspace but I daren't at present in case it tips the balance.
FYI I am under my HD allowance it's just the data transfer I'm getting shouted at for.
Roll eyes
1 REPLY
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Re: Exceeded Data Transfer

Is anyone else getting these annoying emails? I know we are supposed to ignore them for now during the trials but it's hard to ignore when the numbers get bigger every day. For no apparent reason my web space usage has gone from 150Mb (31st Oct) to 251Mb today.Is there something within my site generating stuff that gives out these figures. I did have a stats component in Joomla but I removed it as a precaution although it had only generated 20Mb of data since summer 2007. My data transfer is similarly increasing in leaps and bounds. I've initiated an upgrade to the small business package today which gives more space and transfer allowance but I can see that being exceeded at this rate.
This is getting to be more than an annoyance.